Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by blue shoes, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blue shoes

blue shoes Guest

How can you ease the pain when you are more heartbroken than ever? How can you deal with the person you love more than you loved anyone ever before telling you they don't feel the same anymore? I can't handle this feeling and I want it out of my heart now, i can't bare this sadness, how can I do that?? How can I get rid of it?

2. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

Grieve? Maybe let yourself grieve for something that has died? Maybe look at what you're feeling, personify it, declare it dead, bury it or whatever you want to do with it, and perhaps go through a process of your own personal grieving? :hug: I don't know if that helped any.

3. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

it takes long to get over love but it does happen as much as you cant imagine it, just the thought of the result

4. blue_shoes

blue_shoes Guest

I know that it will get easier in time, but i feel like i can't handle how i feel atm, and don't know what the hell to do to make it better NOW.

@ggg456 - as much as i hate the situation, my feelings are very much alive for him, i wish i could declare them dead but they aren't, no need to lie to myself, that won't help.

thank you both for the replies, i thought i won't get any, i appreciate them

5. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

:hug: Like you said, they are alive and you can't make them die. If they are too overwhelming, perhaps make some distance between yourself and the feelings. I've found just visualising distance between overwhelming feelings and myself helps a lot. I've said to myself at times of huge distress, "Those feelings aren't ever going to go away but I'll push them away so they don't effect me so badly or so much." Perhaps what you're feeling is quite beautiful too? Perhaps there are ways of expressing them or letting them out in a way that you can look at them without them being inside of you? I hope you feel better.

6. blue_shoes

blue_shoes Guest

thanks again ggg456, i appreciate your reply :hug:

I didn't try visualizing a distance between me and my feelings, i will try it but tbh they feel so untouchable and strong, i am not sure these kinds of memory tricks would work. There probably is beauty in heartbreaks, as you said, but I really don't have any desire to try to see it in mine, i just want to make my pain diminish, because I can barely cope with it atm.
    I found that keeping busy helps a bit, though whatever i do, i can't forget about what happened for one bloody second, it's always there in my mind and heart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.