33 years now without drugs and hard liquor

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by jimk, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

almost forgot.. yesterday was my anniversary of doing without these habits.. still do my coors beer a day but otherwise been clean alll this time.. see that night long ago when ex katie sat the 3 of us down together and said rite in my face "them or us jimbo, rite fucking now"

my love for her and johnny saved my life..

2. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Congrats, Jim. So you've been drug free for as long as I've been alive... that is impressive. Wonder if AA/NA have a 33 year sobriety chip? If they do, it should be gold plated.

Well at least I can say I haven't touched an illegal drug in over 10 years. And I've been smoke free for 2. So that's a start. The alcoholism, that's a work in progress. Hoping to kick it some day, but still waiting for a good enough reason to. Life and health just aren't good enough reasons for me right now as I couldn't care much less about either one.

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Glad to hear you have been sober for so long...I hope someday I can live without alcohol too.

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

That is truly remarkable, Jim...and besides all the other benefits, we have the benefit of you...continued success and much caring

5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

quitting the drugs and booze was really not that hard.. but the marlboros are a whole different story.. do not have the will or the courage to do without the cigarettes.. despite all the words of doc, consulting nurses, dentist adn relatives.. quitting this just seems to be beyond my reach..

6. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I agree with you there... I mean I never had to give up anything like heroin, but I haven't had much difficulty giving up pot and alcohol and avoiding some of the harder stuff I used to experiment with, but cigarettes... damn. Don't know how something so weak can be so addictive. Nicotine doesn't even get you high, so why is it so hard for the body to give it up? That's always kind of perplexed me.

7. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I know where you're coming from, I've been trying (without success) to give up smoking for nearly thirty years! :l

8. Anonymous2

Anonymous2 Well-Known Member

Good job :smile:

I've only gone about 9 years without alcohol

and about 11 years without hard drugs

9. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Anonymous2 you are doing great also.. all that time without the booze and drugs is outstanding.. keep it going..tc, Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.