=(

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Sa Palomera, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

I need to stop thinking about how fucked up humanity is. How we are so cruel to animals and to ourselves and other human beings. How we fuck up nature bit by bit.

How we destroy everything that's so precious about Earth.
    It gets me down. It makes me cry even.

So many people dying who'd do anything for a chance to live, who'd do anything to be able to chase their dreams to pursue happiness.
    So-called 'world-leaders', giving the okay to mass bombings. So many innocent people just trying to live their lives in war-zones, and suddenly that precious thing called life is taken away from them because some jumped-up idiot wants more 'power' and has decided that the best way to gain that is to bomb places.

Not to mention the animal abuse in the world. Seals being beaten to death, horses being starved, dog-fights, and the list goes on.

It makes me cry.
    Animals cannot defend themselves. Animals haven't done a thing wrong. They didn't choose to be on earth, yet they get beaten to death. WTF is wrong with humanity!

I'm sick to death of all this injustice in the world. And the fact that I can't do shit about it, makes me angry.
    I am ashamed to be a part of humanity.

And I think that in the end, as much as I'll be hated by some for saying this, but in the end, it'd be in nature's best interest, in the best interest of the planet earth, if humanity would not procreate anymore, so that eventually humanity will extinct. At least then nature can restore itself slowly.
    But yeah, eventually new creatures will come to destroy everything again, so then what's the point in extinction of humanity, if another creature will continue the rampage humanity has begun anyway.

urgh, I'm so fucking angry and sad now. I feel powerless.

I need to stop thinking about this stuff, cos it gets me down. But how can I not think of it if I'm being confronted with it 24/7!?? I go outside and I see houses. Now I'm lucky enough to live in a tiny little village, but if I go into the city, all I see is buildings, high-tech buildings, of which a lot are just standing there, empty, unused.

Fucking humanity. We don't deserve all the luxuries we have.
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :furious: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    :mad: :sad: ​

ps - This is not aimed at anyone in particular, just humanity in general. I know there are plenty of people who do as much as they can to preserve nature and earth. And I am very grateful to them.
    If only everyone (especially the 'world leaders') could see how the world is going to the dogs. :sad:

2. Sa Palomera

This just describes the way I feel about the world, so well :cry:

It's just not fair.. I seriously feel ashamed to be human. It's ridiculous how spoiled we are, as human beings. We have so much. To make our lives 'easier' and 'more comfortable', but at the cost of what? Nature, animals, forests, the sea, the land, planet earth. It's a fucked up mess.
    And I hate the fact that I myself play part in it too. Everyone does. Even those who say they don't. WE ALL DO! Just the fact that we are born as human beings means that we play part in the destruction of nature. Which sucks. We did not choose to be human. We did not choose to be part of society the way it is now. We did not choose to be part of the mass-destructive creatures we are.
    By just wearing clothes we play part in destroying nature. By just living in a house we are playing part in it.
    And I HATE that! I hate how we got all these luxuries. Cos that's what it is. A luxury. To live in a house, is a luxury. Internet, phone, cars, bicycles, clothing, being able to go on holidays by aeroplane... all luxuries that we created for ourselves. And we get used to it, up to the point where we can't live without (part of) it.
    I admit, I could not imagine a world without internet or a phone. In fact I need those things in my life to keep me sane. I need to be able to communicate with people in different countries around the world to be able to be happy. I need to be able to phone my stepmum every now and then to be able to be happy.
    And I hate that too. :sad: I hate how we need a lot of these luxuries we've created for ourselves, in order to live a satisfactory life.

I often wonder, how did the very first human beings live? I mean like before there was such a thing as electricity, computer-technology, and even clothes. Back in the time when people would cover certain body-parts up with leafs, or even before that.
    When did people start feeling the need to create things for their own comfort, at the cost of destroying other things.

Of course humanity has destroyed things from the very beginning. People had to eat, so I assume they killed animals from the very beginning, as well as eating parts of plants or stuff.. But I think that those destructions were different. I guess you could compare that to how animal life is these days. Kinda like the circle of life. But when did human beings start to get so greedy. When did they start destroying things and killing other beings for purposes different from surviving? When did we start craving for luxury? And WHY?

I could ramble on about this for hours, but what's the point? I will not get any answers, I'll probably just end up having more questions that can never be answered. :rolleyes:

The last few days I've been thinking about this whole issue so much, and it's done me no good. All it's done is make me feel horrible, hate the world, angry and sad. And powerless to the point where I just burst into tears and can't stop crying.

3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

:hug: Esttttttttt, I know exactly how you feel. It makes me wonder what life would have been like for me back before all of this stuff, back when times were simple, I guess. Anyway, MSN me if you need anything. :hug:

4. Awesome thread, Ester. I agree with you. Humanity is so awful in so many ways. I often wonder about how and why anyone would have led this world to being this way, yet, I'm even more upset by those who supported this action, making everything detereorate even more quickly. Humanity just doesn't seem to care. People will do almost anything for power to control other people. Whomever gets the most acceptance, gets the most power. It's so hurtful, that I disconnect to the point that I feel like I'm not even here.

"Just when you think I'm here, the moment is gone. Either everything is in the past, or it is in the future. There is no now."

5. Sa Palomera

:hug: Jess & Kurt :hug:

--
    I need to stop thinking about this I guess. :dunno:

6. blue shoes

blue shoes Well-Known Member

You know I think about these things a lot too, and when I do it gets me totally down. We are depressed anyway, and shouldn't consume ourselves thinking about these things so much, because it just makes us even more depressed. Might sound selfish, but try to think of positive things more, after all you aren't helping the world if you are depressed about what is going on, and in order to do something about it, you have to be strong and stable, not depressed. (not that I do as I "preach" :rolleyes:, I know it's hard)
    Ish :hug:

7. FarBeyondGone

FarBeyondGone Active Member

these things you are talking about are a big part of the reason i dont want to live in this world anymore

8. Sa Palomera

:hug: Blue Shoes

@ FarBeyondGone:
    All this is one of the reasons why I'm a VHEMT Volunteer (information about VHEMT -> click here). I'm not having any kids in the future. I have to say though, for me it was an easy choice to make, due to other reasons why I won't have any children myself :dunno:
    Don't get me wrong though, the fact that I'm a VHEMT Volunteer doesn't make me hate/dislike those who do decide to have children.

9. :hug: Ester