360' Antidepressant

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by supergalley, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supergalley

supergalley Member

To all the people who feel they have noone, I truely envy you. I really wish i had the time to play on my XBox without being interupted by people wanting things from me and wasting my time!:mad:

Anybody that feels lonely, just get an XBox 360 and play games all day. If you feel lonely, you can hook it up to your router and meet like minded people!:biggrin:

Anyone feeling suicidal, just think of missing the release of Grand Theft Auto IV, I mean if you die you're gonna miss it! And all the sequels!:eek:hmy:

Think what happens when you do commit suicide. Maybe you're taken back to the start of your life and you live it the same again, with the same problems you perceive? You're going to suffer the same crap life for eternity! You need to find the solution to your problem, the root of your depression NOW! If god is real, then if you kill yourself, you go to hell. Surely you're better off now!:blink:

Depression is either chemical or emotional. If it's chemical then you need an antidepressant from your doctor. If it's emotional you need an XBox 360, where you can be anyone and do anything you like!:rolleyes:

Let me know if you think I'm wrong, or get back to me with your problems and I'll give you an honest evaluation of how I can help you find a way out!:cool:

LILICHIPIE Well-Known Member

hahaha :tongue:
  3. austinhp78

austinhp78 Well-Known Member

i hope this is some sort of joke. :mellow:
  4. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

Why yes, I can see how spending all day playing video games would make the circumstances of one's life improve.

Why don't you get some clinical data on that? Then people can get prescriptions for Xboxes, and their insurance can pay for it.

(It really is annoying to see how badly a non-depressive sticks out around here. Makes it obvious how far off I am. Sigh)
  5. supergalley

supergalley Member

No, I swear to god, the XBox 360 has added meaning to my boring little life! Today i bought down an evil taliban organisation, then I kicked the crap out of some chinese ju-jitsu champion! I feel really good about myself. I want to help other people feel this good!
  6. supergalley

supergalley Member

That's FANTASTIC Ned! That's the sort of idea we need to beat depression! I never considered the possibility of perscribing the XBox on the NHS! This forum is brilliant.

While we're there, how about a clinic that gives out copies of Rowan Atkinson films in every town. I find them a wonderful cure when I'm feeling down! Blackadder series II especially.
  7. austinhp78

austinhp78 Well-Known Member

if this is is some sort of sick, perverted joke of yours, then cut it out. its not funny. and if you are serious, then open your little boring eyes.

is that what you really think this is? a place where people talk about committing suicide, simply because they lead a "boring little life"? not at all. you need to realize that the people here are going through actual depression, not just being sad because we lead a "boring little life". do some research, and come back and realize what your doing.
  8. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Cut the OP some slack. He/she is only sharing a method of release that works for him. And we are all allowed opinions. That is all it is. I would maybe suggest that it could of been better posted in a different forum. The one thing I have always respected about the members in SF is that they never judge another member. Let's all get bent out of shape by the members that post "try pot" or "meditate" while we are at it. I'm glad to see a member that is trying to help others here. Unlike me who usually posts about all my problems. Thanks for the suggestion supergallery. Please keep trying to help.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2008
  9. livingonlight

livingonlight Active Member

You are so right and funny. Playing games sure does relax and distract a person fron the misery of life!

LMAO, mods, is that a JOKE?:blink: I think he's sharing dangerous and tricky methods!! someone tell a mod! :eek:hmy:

nah seriosuly, if your a troll, thats NOT funny.
    I hope you r never going to experience in your life depression and driving you to commit suicide because thats HELL. go play on your Xbox and leave those sick comments for yourself.

well,wait.. I think you prollly need to talk to a shrink to find why the f** you bother come register and post threads like that.
    please tell me thats a joke muahahaha!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2008
  11. Will

Will Staff Alumni

12. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

No, I think this guy is right on. Play some video games, and to top it off (if you REALLY want to feel better) have some ice cream. Ice cream is a sure cure for inconsolable depression. It tastes really good. Also get a puppy. Problem solved.
  13. supergalley

supergalley Member

Nah, I genuinely would be suicidal if computer technology wasn't so advanced. I have one of those dangerous minds whereby if I'm not doing something interesting, I'm getting in trouble with the filth.

The sort of people that are dissing my post, I think deserve to be labeled trolls more so than I. I would have thought the worse thing when you think that life has no meaning is to have a load of other people agreeing with you. Life is what you make of it. If it's bad, you need to search for something to occupy you and give you some drive.

I'm not trying to sell a product or experience personal gain!

It's ok to talk about suicide, it's theraputic, but to actually do it, to hurt anyone that does love you, and to let the ones that don't like you beat you, is wrong.

On the other hand, I welcome criticism. Please keep dissing. The Internet is the only pure freedom we can get nowadays, so go ahead, excersise your right.

I know I came in at the wrong angle, but I have the right meaning at heart. Opinion is divided, people are voicing their opinions, and that what a forum is about, so CARRY ON!
  14. supergalley

supergalley Member

Thankyou. I know I come across the wrong way, but I mean well, and I'm different to all the boring academic advice, which makes people switch off.

Games are the future, they increase your intelligence and perception. They inspire you and give you new ideas. I wouldn't recommend 'try pot' as it makes you thick and lazy and more depressed in the end. I've always been into my stimulants rather than my depressants!

You are a joke writing all this. I wont bother writing back.
  16. Corieh Infected

Corieh Infected Well-Known Member

I think he has a point.. Playing games is just like a coping skill or something. If it keeps a persons mind off of hurting themselves/dying, the what the hell is the problem with it? Don't get mad at this guy because he tried to give a bit of advice, of something that works for him. It could be like feeling depressed then watching a movie to keep yourself busy. They're things that take up your time, and that you can concentrate on. It's actually a really good suggestion that he posted. He wasn't insulting anyone here by saying it, so I don't see why so many of you had to go get mad at him. He wasn't joking around, obviously.
  17. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

I have a friend who was kicked out of college because she spent all of her time playing video games instead of working. Perhaps the original poster would care to tell her how video games made her smarter?

Sorry. The original poster is an idiot.

Getting smarter comes from doing hard work, not from playing xbox. And getting better when you're depressed also comes from hard work.

Anastasia's wrong too--when you're depressed, the last thing you need to do is spend hours escaping. That just leaves you looking up to find that it's four am, and you didn't even have the sense to use the last ten hours sleeping.

The only way to get better is to buckle down.

Now, back to my escaping for me. But I don't want to get better, you see.
  18. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

From what I can see, all the OP has done is post a way that allows them to cope with the crap life throws at them. Just because it's through gaming etc, gives no-one any reason to have a go at them, and flame them, essentially.

It stops here please.
  19. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Xander, I see SF has deleted my reply to you.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2008
  20. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I've been playing Grand Theft Auto IV so much oh man it gets out so much aggression I love it! :biggrin:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.