3d TV..??

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by IV2010, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

just seen it coming to the shops this week.....
    Is anyone getting one?..
    or has one??

2. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Way to expensive at the moment plus in the UK at least, you have to pay extra for the glasses for the dvds, plus there are very few channels that offer this option. And you have to pay extra for them.

What makes me laugh a little, is the fact that we have developed so far going from VHS to DVD to blue ray, and now we seen to have stalled. I mean 3-D serious I remember that in the 80's, so why is it coming back now.

Can you tell I am really impressed by it lol o_O

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

:biggrin:

4. toffeekitten

toffeekitten Well-Known Member

Nope I wont be getting one. Way too expensive and pointless if you ask me!

5. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

as far as i no its not available over here as of yet not that ive seen anyway

6. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Not until there's a 3D XXX market. Not worth it....

7. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

i personally think if you wanted to experience things in 3d, wouldnt you know like look around or something?

i know people suck and so enjoying it would involve ignoring people, but still the worlds in 3d, why do we need tvs in 3d too?

8. chrs75

chrs75 Well-Known Member

They should be developing the Hd channels before they move onto 3d,

9. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

lol- when I heard that a 3D tv was being made, I just shook my head...
    Who the hell would want one? o__0 8 year olds?
    They don't normally have that kind of cash, do they? XD
    It'll take quite awhile to save up enough in your piggybank...

3D movies at the theater are fun << it's an experience. Being packed in a theater; eating your expensive kettle popcorn, spilling your drink all over yourself when something pops out of the screen and scares you...
    That is the point of 3D... and you totally lose the experience when you bring it into your livingroom. It doesn't make sense. -__-

10. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

I don't think it is going to catch on... who is going to want to wear glasses in their living room all the time?

11. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Probably the same millions like me that wear glasses all the time to see properly o_O

12. boo

boo Well-Known Member

You guys are overreacting too much about the high price of 3D tv. Sure it is way too expensive right now. $4000 + $300 for 3D glass. But after a while it will drop like a stone. Just like Color TV, DVD players, Blu Ray players, CD players, HDTV. Blu Ray price was like $1200, but now a mere $100. Alot of people said the same thing about DVDs. Who needs DVD... VCD is fine right? :wink:
    And too be honest, Avatar is a shitty shitty movie without the 3D. But believe it or not i've seen Avatar 4 times in the theater.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2010
  13. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

you're right boo...the prices will drop way down in about 12 months time...
    but I just got myself all set up with new tvs and now they bring out 3d...:wallbash:

14. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Nah dont worry, your set will last a long time :)

15. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I don't know, I kinda like my regular old TV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.