4-8 pints every day, what's next?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by UsedToBe, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UsedToBe

UsedToBe Well-Known Member

My husband is drinking 4-8 pints every night. This has been going on for a couple of months now, 4 maybe 5. Every night he comes up with some creative/stupid excuses as to why he will be drinking that night.

We're splitting anyway so I'm past caring what he's doing with his life so I let him buy the booze. When he's drunk he's not making me have sex with him or does not touch me the way I don't want him to. He just listens to music or watches films and I feel safe. I still feel bad about not caring. Does this make me a selfish person? Shall I try to help him? I mentioned this to him, but he said he has everything under control and he won't even recognise he may have a problem. Well, has he got one? His father was an alcoholic, very violent and abusive to his family. My husband says I shouldn't worry as this is not something you inherit with your genes.
    What is the next thing to happen after drinking 4-8 pints a night for such a long time?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You cannot care for him hun HE has to do that I do hope you get some help for you okay He is an alcoholic he is kidding himself to think anything but that
    You cannot change him hun and you certainly should not let him bring you down with him Leave pamphlets around for him to read about getting help detox centers etc but it is his choice hun I would leave sooner then later hun hugs

3. UsedToBe

Looks like he's not drinking tonight. How long break is long enough to help me believe he hasn't got a problem?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2011
  4. UsedToBe

Guess my previous post is not valid anymore. He's drunk again. Am I being really stupid to believe that he can stop but just chose not to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.