4 days...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Anam_Cara, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anam_Cara

Anam_Cara Well-Known Member

clock is ticking, just got reminded i have to move into the rv in 4 days... they keep saying that the stay in it is only temporary until we find another place... but even a few days in a 33 foot long rv is going to be bad enough, how am i going to survive when i cant even handle being in a whole house with doors that shut?

ive had several anxiety attacks today already and my blood pressure is up way high... i know the closer it gets to moving onto that thing the worse im gonna get...

there isnt enough ativan in the universe to stop this anxiety...

2. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

what is 'rv' ? am ingorant i admit it...........but no clue as to what it is hun

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I know it may seem difficult, but there are people whose homes and apartments are not much larger than the rv you are speaking of. I am sorry you are having anxiety attacks over this. Maybe try to look at it from a positive side. It is a roof over your head and a place to stay safe and warm. You mention it is temporary. You can survive this.

4. Mortem

Mortem Well-Known Member

This will sound close to impossible, but please try not to make the last days before moving worse than actually being there. Take one day at a time. How are you doing today?

5. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Hello, how are you doing today? I'm sorry you are having ongoing anxiety and that you have to move into an RV, it is good that you have it to move into though.
    I know what you are saying about the space, will you be able to have a window open or the door, I know that helps me.

Please stay safe.
    Hazel x

6. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

I know this is going to be really hard to take on board right now but take a step back from your situation. You have a place which is warm, dry and safe, be it only temporary. Some people who are living street homeless face a whole manner of nasty things due to not having any safe shelter. Why don't you just see the RV as a bed, a place to sleep. If the weather is good go for walks, just getting out in the air and having some exercise will help your anxiety a lot. Also you will probably be looking for a better place to live so you can try to destract yourself by helping out with this too, if you have internet you might want to try browsing some letting agents websites for apartments or flats etc.

I'm not saying this will be easy, but please give a thought for people worse off than you, people living in cold, dank alleyways with not a possession to their name, no food, no clothes, no place to wash and keep clean etc.

You will get through this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.