4 years old?!

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by sadsong, Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadsong

sadsong Staff Alumni

2. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

hmmmmmm i read about this girl in the paper, i think it could be possible depending on the situation.
  3. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I think it is possible... but you never know.

4. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

I'm a bit cynical about it ...... can they tell what is right or wrong yet, properly, even?

If so ... do they understand what depression is? I don't know - I'm skeptical about it.
  5. Porcelain

Porcelain Well-Known Member

Anyone can display symptoms of depression regardless of age. They don't necessarily have to understand it or know what it is for it to be diagnosed.
  6. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I read something about children & depression a while ago and if I remember rightly, the stats said one in 33 children suffer from depression. It's hard to believe because children are not emotionally mature and are still, well, children, but apparently depression can affect someone of any age. Any child who seems to be down or are even talking about suicide (I have read & heard cases when children attempt suicide.. but do they really know what they are doing?), the parent should take seriously and not dismiss.
  7. poison

poison Well-Known Member

Anyone can be diagnosed with depression... its not an "adult" disease silly mother.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.