40 friends on Facebook.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Socialman, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Socialman

Socialman Well-Known Member

I've had three friends defriend me. I tried being nice with these people. One of them apologized, but hasn't readded me. The other I have no clue why she defriended me. The third got angry because he was having relationship troubles and I asked what was wrong, and what was going on in his life because I haven't seen him in awhile, and he probably took my questioning the wrong way....

It pisses me off so much. Everyone else has like 100+ friends, and mine all ditch me and do not give me a chance.

2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

It's fucking facebook....

This whole bullshit friend count pisses me off.

Look at the quality of friends you have in real life, not a number on the screen of a networking site.

3. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

Fucking oath and end thread.

4. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I have 14 friends on facebook! LOL.

I can't believe it when people have over 400 friends. Studies have shown that you only have a group average of 6 people you regularly talk to over facebook - the same as in real life(well I wouldn't say I have six friends in real life, lmao).

5. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Most people who have 100+ "friends" on facebook, dont know them or dont talk to them.
    I want to delete alot of people off my friends list, i have 90 roughly right now, and i want them gone simply becuase they dont care about me. you know what, i'm actually gonna go do it now. No point having these people on there. :dry:

6. Isabel

Isabel Staff Alumni

I have 21 friends of Facebook, family, real life friends and a couple of online friends. I think the count depend a lot of what you use facebook for. For some its about networking. For me its about staying in contact with the people I know and care about. I just love some features like birthday reminders and being to be able to share pics. I don't see how anybody can keep up with hundred of friends and having that many meaningful relationships.

7. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

Never let the number of 'friends' anyone has on facebook count for anything. Most people seem to think that it's some kind of popularity contest, which is ridiculous, because as has been said before, facebook is for networking and keeping in touch with people.

A girl who I used to consider my best friend but haven't spoken to for over 6 months still on her friend list has a guy who she only met once, through a friend of mine! She doesn't even know him, and I didn't even ever have him on my friend list! People just add others so they have more than so-and-so. Pathetic.

A lot of my 'friends' on facebook are people I went to school with, as I like to know what they're up to now, even though we don't actually stay in touch. I try to keep the numbers down to something manageable, so I cull my friends list quite often, only keeping people who I actually communicate with.

So please don't let it bother you. It's better to have 40, or even 4, people who you are actually friends with on your list, than 400 vague acquaintances.

Mim

8. Stormrider

Stormrider Well-Known Member

Quality over quantity :smile:
    I have about 30 people in my facebook, but i rarely talk online to people(only this forum actually) and i almost never use facebook.
    At the moment there are only 2 friends her in my list(only recently started posting on this forum)
    In real life i have about 3 people who i really call friends that i can trust.

Don't worry about people who you don't even really know that don't wanna be in a list for some reason.

9. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Well-Known Member

Calm down, grasshopper.

10. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Well-Known Member

Also, I have like 40 something friends, and they are all people that I've known at some point in my life, in real life. And I frequently delete people if I havent had any contact with them. And I never add random people, cause sometimes "mutual" friends are just nosey shitheads.

11. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

Lol, "facebook" friends, aint your real friends. They don't care.

Read this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...oman-asks-why-none-of-her-friends-helped.html

People are different over the internet, so don't get sad cause you don't have many "facebook friends", cause nor have I and it's actually a good thing.

12. Socialman

Socialman Well-Known Member

Yeah, but three that defriended me were friends from high school.

13. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Listen to this answer, you don't make real friends on fake social sites like that,:mad: think most of the people you 'meet' here are probably better people anyhow.:smile: Plus Darksider it's not the quantity of friends it's really the quality, one really good friend is worth more than any amount you had on FB.

14. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

fuck facebook... south park has a great episode which i think shows how stupid facebook can be.,

15. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

I only have 84 friends on facebook, all people i am friends with in real life (bar the few from on here i havent met)
    Its facebook, dont take it to heart and dont think its a refelction of you yourself.
    What actually matters in life is your friends that are in your real life, the ones who are there for you. Having 5 true friends is a lot, good friends are few and far between

16. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

i'm not liking facebook either. only joined to see a few old school friends and it is depressing. i can try not to notice the number of "friends" people have, but the feeling is still there. I feel like closing my account. just makes me feel like it is more trouble than it's worth. How do you tell someone has de-friend you? i know it's going to happen to me.

17. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

Those friends weren't meant to be. You will find better friends offline that you can add to facebook. So don't despair... Facebook is a good way to keep connected.. Its just some people choose to be assholes about it

18. jota1

jota1 Well-Known Member

I dont even have a facebook profile LOL.

People take these networking sites too seriously, most of the profiles people add are not known to them personally. Adding and throwing away profiles is a symptom of the shallow society we live in. Easy come easy go.

For me a facebook page would only be viable to post info or promote the stuff I sell, not to make friends. lets face it I doubt you make friends through facebook, you use it for spying on people you know, curiosity/voyeurism of people you dont know or one night stands.

19. Cute_Angel_Xx

Cute_Angel_Xx Account Closed

Latest thing in the news women who comits suicide. A women with over 100 friends commited suicide she told everyone on Facebook and they gave her ways to do it, can you honestly say everyone on your facebok is your friend even if you are nice I am 354 friends my sister has 130 something dunno.

20. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

i don't even have a facebook account - don't have the strength to put in the effort