$412 co-pay for Rexulti

Striking

Contact the maker as sometimes they have programs to help financially.

Yes our for profit "healthcare" systems is terrible

Dawn

It is a crime against humanity in my opinion. Many ppl die here because of this evil healthcare system. It isn't covered by the media of course. Life is supposed to be a "right" here and it is a lie! If u don't have money u can't get help. There is no medicaid in my state if not certified disabled (which takes years) or have kids under 18. No help AT ALL. No Obamacare help if u have no income. U have to make at least 12k a year! Nice huh! The subsidies are not available if unemployed etc... It's a crime! Other states do help tho.

There are changes this year to my meds that I cannot afford. I can't live without them and that is exactly what they want. When I called Obamacare terrified because they wanted $833 for a drug at the pharmacy I paid $45 for 15 years. I told the supervisor that I will die without this med. She was so rude and said, " Ya, I hear that all the time." Nice, huh? There was no time to apply for programs and no help! If a relative wouldn't have helped I'd be dead and I'm sure numerous ppl are since the changes this year. But many ppl have always died here due to lack of care, u just don't hear about it of course. Sorry about the rant. I am very upset about all of this. Sorry u are having a hard time too.

There are programs but u have to be in poverty to qualify. Contact the manufacturer of the drug. Hope u are doing okay texaskitty. Take care

I take Rexulti and get samples from my doctor. I know it helps me and also will be in trouble if the samples can no longer be provided. I already had a med taken away because I could no longer get samples. Eventually it will happen with this one. I've learned, samples aren't forever. If Rexulti is not working for you I would recommend not depending on samples. Best of luck.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
It is a crime against humanity in my opinion
Wow Dawn, (don't know if you'll ever read my reply. Never saw it until now) wish I'd seen it much sooner. (Hoping you are doing well now). I'm just entering the Medicare system now and I still have many unanswered questions and fears but it does appear such meds will be prohibitively expensive. So maybe I'll still be screaming "dark ages medicine". I was just responding to @Blackpills reply to my rexulti med thread, which in my case I'm not taking out of the side effect issue. The same money and sample issue does apply to trintellix though which I am taking and at @Angie I do have a belief that somehow we might be able to facilitate changes in this diseased mental healthcare system!!! I desperately want to do something and now being unemployed, maybe I'll find more time to try!!!

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Believe it or not, there are many who approve of our medical care system. They are the ones with tons of money. They don't believe health care is a right. They believe it is a 'privilege'. One you have to have the money to pay for. I wish some of these people would lose all the their money and then their health and see if they change their minds.
I am currently between insurance policies because my employer is too stupid to get their shit together in time. Policy has been decided, but no cards for several weeks. This happens almost every year them. But it may change. A cousin has been their insurance broker for years. But he screwed up royally this year. Cost the owner some bucks with she was in the hospital. A hopeful she will fire the moron.

kittykatt

Try getting on the internet and see what type of coupons there are for the med. The one that my PCP prescribed had a $600+ price tag on it. I found a coupon that got it down to $9.00.

Good luck.

kittykatt

Wow Dawn, (don't know if you'll ever read my reply. Never saw it until now) wish I'd seen it much sooner. (Hoping you are doing well now). I'm just entering the Medicare system now and I still have many unanswered questions and fears but it does appear such meds will be prohibitively expensive. So maybe I'll still be screaming "dark ages medicine". I was just responding to @Blackpills reply to my rexulti med thread, which in my case I'm not taking out of the side effect issue. The same money and sample issue does apply to trintellix though which I am taking and at @Angie I do have a belief that somehow we might be able to facilitate changes in this diseased mental healthcare system!!! I desperately want to do something and now being unemployed, maybe I'll find more time to try!!!
See my other reply.

kittykatt

It is a crime against humanity in my opinion. Many ppl die here because of this evil healthcare system. It isn't covered by the media of course. Life is supposed to be a "right" here and it is a lie! If u don't have money u can't get help. There is no medicaid in my state if not certified disabled (which takes years) or have kids under 18. No help AT ALL. No Obamacare help if u have no income. U have to make at least 12k a year! Nice huh! The subsidies are not available if unemployed etc... It's a crime! Other states do help tho.

There are changes this year to my meds that I cannot afford. I can't live without them and that is exactly what they want. When I called Obamacare terrified because they wanted $833 for a drug at the pharmacy I paid $45 for 15 years. I told the supervisor that I will die without this med. She was so rude and said, " Ya, I hear that all the time." Nice, huh? There was no time to apply for programs and no help! If a relative wouldn't have helped I'd be dead and I'm sure numerous ppl are since the changes this year. But many ppl have always died here due to lack of care, u just don't hear about it of course. Sorry about the rant. I am very upset about all of this. Sorry u are having a hard time too.

There are programs but u have to be in poverty to qualify. Contact the manufacturer of the drug. Hope u are doing okay texaskitty. Take care
See my other post and also another one that makes the same point as mine.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00