Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rachel123

Rachel123 Well-Known Member

I just finished cutting/burning myself.
    I don't do it super bad but this is the worst I've done it. I'm new here and I felt like I needed to tell someone..

2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Hi, Rachel.

Plenty of people on this site, hurt themselves--I do. It really helps to talk with somebody who knows what you're going through. So...welcome to SF! :groupwave:

What's going on?

James.

3. Rachel123

Thanks James.
    Good to know I'm not alone.

It's hard to talk about whats going on because I feel that my problems are so tiny and insignificant compared to those of others.

4. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

If they're hurting you to the point where you feel like you need to injure yourself, then they are hardly "tiny and insignificant."

:hug:

You can talk about them if you'd like. Most are receptive here.

5. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I bet in your mind they're pretty big, huh?

Any problem that prevents you from going out and enjoying life is a pretty big problem. Even if it is mostly invisible to other people.

6. Rachel123

^^ Thanks.

Unfortunately it's a long story... The short story is I basically went from a 21 year old female selling and driving brand new ford vehicles to a 23 year old with no car, no money etc etc. No money for xmas presents, I barely eat to try and save my money. I JUST moved to a new city so I'm pretty much stuck here at home. Once I'm upset the one thing that really gets me when it comes to how I think about myself is the fact that my 14 month old dog still pees and shits in the house so it's like...awesome. I can't even Train a dog to pee outside..thats like..the easiest thing ever.
    Ahh... I don't know. I just think it'd be easier if I just gave up. I don't even want to try anymore. I feel disappointed and discouraged by what seems like everything.

7. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

I know the feeling. :sad: But don't give up yet! :arms:

Those aren't small problems. Money issues are a hell to overcome and I understand your frustration.

You just moved to a new city? That's no simple task to undertake either. It's tough to settle in. Once you do, though, perhaps life'll sort itself out a little better and you can get back on your feet financially and otherwise. You're doing fine. Don't beat yourself up. These are troubling times, especially with the holidays right around the corner (urgh, I feel your pain :dry:).

Just hold on, hang in there, be a little patient and give it some time. Don't fall too far into a depressive void if you can help it. Get out while you can (cos once gone all the way, the struggle to get out's worse). Be strong! you can do this!

:laugh: Oh... and training a dog isn't always easy. :tongue: Some are slower learners than others. Don't worry. That doesn't reflect your competence. Just keep working on it.

8. Rachel123

I'm just so tired of feeling so hopeless. I feel like my antidepressants do nothing

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I hope you feel better after being open about it :hug:

I'm always here if you need to talk :)

10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

As far as training your dog: Get a spray bottle and fill it with lemon juice (straight don't dilute it). When you catch him/her doing it spray him/her with it and then tell it in a stern voice NO!! Then take him/her outside, you can clean up the mess when you come back in. Try using a spray cleaner with some bleach in it so it covers up there smell. Thats how I trained my pup from going in the house. The other thing is I am a smoker and can't smoke in the house so everytime I go out back I take him with me. He picked up on going outside pretty quick. What kind of dog do you have? Mine is a Jack Russel. Good luck!!~Joseph~

11. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

:hug: Am always around if you need someone to talk to. Sorry things are so bad for you.

12. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Hello:)

I hope you will better now. :hug:

If you dont, you can PM me to talk.

13. Rachel123

Hey guys. Thank you so much for your kind words.

I am feeling a little bit better today.

I have a Chihuahua. I take him outside everytime I smoke too. His problem is that he's only 5lbs and his tiny paws get SO cold so easily. I wish he would understand that the faster he comes outside and poops and pees....the faster he can get back inside to the warmth!! lol . I love him all the same.... He's probably what has kept me alive over this past year to be honest!

14. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Sorry you are feeling so bad you felt the need to SI. I hope it has now passed. What methods, if any, of distarction do you use to try and keep yourself from SI?

15. Rachel123

^^ Actually I was using the SI to deter myself from planning suicide. I've been known to OD on pills.
    The next step will be learning to distract myself from SI!

Also, thank you. It has since passed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.