Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. porcelain child

porcelain child Well-Known Member

Lost a good friend recently due to suicide.. and then was admitted to hospital last weekend cos i took an overdose..

I was assessed by a psychiatrist.. and he is gonna do further tests cos he thinks i have schizophrenia.. im hallucinating and seeing things..

Theres a man who follows me and he is telling me to run away... so i have got all my stuff together and i am gonna run away and then he telling me when i get to the destination he has in mind to kill myself.. i am going to do it.. i don't want to live like this anymore..

Whenever i drive.. i see zebras and elephant walking across the road.. and sometimes i run them over.. and then where ever i go i see dead elephants and zebras next to me..

I am so scared..
  2. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

sounds terrifying :(
    but please remember this man and the animals are symptoms of your illness and they can be controlled with the right meds. don't listen to the voices, certainly no running away and killing yourself. this can be got back under control like any illness. you wouldnt tell a diabetic to kill themselves would you? because it is a predominantly manageable condition.. same for you. let the drs help you and take the meds they offer you. schizophrenia needs to be managed but it can be managed with the right care and you can get your life back. please try however hard to ignore the voices.. try dostraction, anything that works.. just don't harm you. there are a few on here who hear voices too.. maybe they can help you more. i am sorry about your friend and hope life gets better for you soon xx
  3. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

......hi hun... soliloquise had sound words for you in her post .

please keep yourself safe. don't go anywhere. the psychiatric testing may be a door opening for you - to have some control of your life, and some much-needed improvement in your quality of life.

please don't let yourself be alone, and let us know how the testing goes. :console:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.