:'(

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Little_me, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I found this site on Google so I'm new here... (I'm Swedish so English is my second language, but I know it quite well) And I'm desperate :( I've got so many suicidal thoughts now and they are just gettig worse and worse. I already get "help" (CBT-therapy, medications) but it doesn't work enough to make this go away! Does anybody here have some tips for me? Please, please help!! :'(

2. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Hello Little_me and welcome to Sf, it can take a long time for therapy and medications to have the desired effect and often we despair that things will ever change but they will.
    In the meantime you have found us, everyone here has had similar feelings to some degree and I hope you will find the support you need to help you through this.

Hazel x

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Little_Me,
    Welcome to the forum.. As Hazel said it takes time for meds and therapy to work.. Your meds may not be helping..How long have you been on them?? It takes four to six weeks for them to start working.. I personally am on six different meds.. They found that they had to address each of my syptoms seperately.. My shrink just added a med for skyzophrenia and it is helping with my thoughts and the shadows I see.
    Therapy takes much longer. I have been in therapy for four years. It took two years before I started thinking positive again. It tokk three years before I started being able to leave my house..My point in all this is.. You really need to give it more time and effort..Also if your therapist isn't helping you may need to find a new one.. It took three before I found the one I have been with the last four years..Good Luck to you!!

4. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

:console:hi. . . welcome to the forum. .
    i hope you find a world of support here - i have.

i am here if you want to talk - pm me anytime.

here we all understand all the feelings you have honey . . . . you are not alone. . .

5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I know how you feel hun :hug:

:welcome: to the forum. This is a great place of support.

Tips? Try crying. As much as you can. That helps me. It feels really good.
    And.
    Lean on us. We're all here to help.
    Feel free to add me as a friend and such... pm me if you ever need a friend.
    God knows I could use one.

love love love
    :heart:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.