. . . . .

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by melgrj7, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melgrj7

melgrj7 Member

My sisters had gone home. I was leaving to follow them. One of the other kids asked me a question, I turned to answer and then she kicked me hard in the shins, and then in the knee. I feel down. As I was trying to get up she hit me hard in the side with a long, thick stick. He was standing back, watching and laughing. I feel onto my knees again and she went to hit me again, I managed to grab the stick and get it from her. He came and grabbed my arms and pulled me to my feet and held me there. She kept hitting in me in the side. I was struggling to get free. Another blow came, I heard a cracking sound and horrible pain raked my body. I started bawling. I had managed not to cry until then. I was hit in the side a few more times, and then he threw me to the ground. I scrambled to my feet and limped home, clutching my side, crying. I went into my room, laid in my bed and pulled a blanket over myself. I laid there crying, it hurt. It hurt to cry, it hurt to breath.

My mom came about 5 or 10 minutes later to tell me it was time to eat. She heard me crying and came into my room. She asked me what was wrong, I couldn't stop crying to answer her. She got mad I wasn't telling her, but I couldn't stop sobbing. Finally she said, "You shouldn't let their teasing get to you. Stand up for yourself or you're just letting them win." And she left. After a little while I got up. My shins and knees were scraped up and bleeding a little. I looked at my side. My skin had split open, my shirt had blood on it, I was already bruising.

After everyone else went to bed I cleaned myself up in the bathroom. I used peroxide, it hurt. I threw out my bloody shirt. Every movement and every breath hurt. I cut up a shirt and tied it around my ribs, it helped the pain a little. Over the next day or two my side turned nearly black from the bruising. I wore baggy shirts and pants for awhile. :poo:

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Have you told anyone what really happened, that it went far beyond just teasing?

3. plates

plates Well-Known Member

What happened to you wasn't shit happening. It was horrific physical abuse and your mother didn't help you- you weren't participating in a game of your choosing. Being tortured isn't a game. And defending yourself by 'not letting them get to you' was going to keep the fear, silencing and denial going. You've been hurt, beaten up, bloody and bruised and psychologically harmed because of those two, and what they did was abhorrent, and wrong and shouldn't be tolerated by anyone.

Are these bullies at school? Can you inform a teacher? I get the feeling this might be a memory. Is this still happening to you? It sounds so terrifying to endure what you have done.

4. melgrj7

melgrj7 Member

No.

It was a long time ago. I was 11 or 12, I am now 23. That was only one incident, not the worst. My mom didn't know. I didn't tell anyone. :eek:hwell:

5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Sorry, I misunderstood and thought it was something that just happened.

But it's a horrible thing for you to have to go through. No matter when it was, how long ago ... you should never have been treated that way, by anyone!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.