5 days in hospital

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by BrinkOfExistence, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

So on new years eve i decided to go to my cousins, for a drink.
    This is what i remember happening, we shouted happy new year, then i woke up in the hospital on january the 2nd, apparently i drank a litre of vodka in about 30 seconds, i don't remember doing this it may be an exaggeration. I then passed out for 19 hours laying in the same position, which resulted in my shoulder muscle 'dying' due to lack of oxygen getting to it, i suffered from crazy withdrawal syptoms, my entire body shaking, i was constantly in an incredible amount of pain and i could barely talk.

I guess the moral of the story children is stay far far away from vodka.

I do doing ok now, if any of you care, my shoulder is on the mend, still looks huge though, still got the shakes and my voice is still a bit slow and slurred and i'm still in pain.

I hope your new year was better than mine
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I care hun and i am glad you got the help you needed I do hope people who read this think twice as alcohol can poison a person just like drugs can I hope you never have another one of those days hun
  3. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Hi Lee,

I am sorry you had to go through that....I have a feeling I will associate vodka with this story if anyone ever offers me some in the future. Thanks for the heads-up! Wishing you the best as you recover from the symptoms, plus I am glad the pain is lessening and you are healing. :hug: Happy belated new year! :]

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am so glad you are better, and yes, walk away from the bottle
  5. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Responsibility with it is incredibly essential when it comes to alcohol.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.