Guardian of the Human Spirit
For 11 years, I have lived a life of self-hatred and overwhelming, overwhelming shame, those kinds where you want to hide beneath your own skin. When every stare was a negative judgement to your physical appearance, when every smirk was a way to show disgust to my existence. Below, I try very hard to list things I love about myself.
- I am strong. I have gone through huge amounts of pain in the past and despite leaving scars and marks and blemished feelings, I go through day after day. Some days I am crawling and barely inching forward, but I still chose to breathe.
- I appreciate humour. I think a life without humour is dull. Humour brings joy to undesirable things.
- I am empathetic. I feel people's pain. Even though, sometimes it might feel more like a burden than a strength but I choose to see it as an invisible link that brings me closer to another broken soul.
- I forgive. I forgive the people who have left me, who have hurt me and not own up to it. Who have said they will be with me yet the next day tell me, I have to to walk this journey on my own.
- I am honest. I write with feelings and real raw emotions. I write my experience so others don't need to feel alone, for others to feel less bad about themselves, for others to seek inspiration.