5 tips to stay depressed

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by empty101, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. empty101

empty101 Well-Known Member

1) Give up right away. This is a great way to make sure you never succeed. The longer you keep telling yourself that you're making progress, that you're going to accomplish something tomorrow, the less likely you are to stay depressed.

2) Doubt yourself. Keep reminding yourself of all the times you failed and how it's likely to happen again. The trick here is to just let the those images of failure sink into your head and to make no effort fighting them away. Don't try to force your mind to think about something more positive, just stay focused on how bad you are at everything.

3) Stop eating healthy, stop eating regularly. If you're not already downing greasy, sugary, unhealthy foods then now is the time to start. Or even better, do the opposite and just don't eat anything. Healthy food gives you energy and can help make you feel better and no one wants that.

4) Stay alone in your room. Remember, going outside, getting exercise and some fresh air might start making you feel better. Also, there is the risk that you will have a positive experience with human contact. Although you might think that there's a chance that human contact will make you more depressed, but the trick is to remember we want zero chance of something positive happening. The risk of running into someone and having a good conversation is just too much. Besides, even being around people can sometimes make you feel less lonely, and we don't want that.

5) Listen to depressing music. You want to make sure in every way possible the grounds are set for a depressing mood. It's a well known fact that music is capable of effecting our moods and the way we feel. Really depressing music is better than no music, you know? Or if you have a habit of listening to happy music, it's time to stop.

These are all things that I sort of learned while I was depressed. Feel free to post your own 5 tips :)

2. Mat Voleido

Mat Voleido Well-Known Member

I get it empty101 ;)

A++ would read again

I got into a habit of riding my bike listening to happy music, it was really terrible. It uplifted me, and hey, nobody wants that :tongue:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.