Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by cthulhu, Sep 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cthulhu

cthulhu Well-Known Member

go ahead, burn
    die like you so very want to
    escape from the pain, the only way you know how
    no honor
    no respect
    no love
    no joy
    no happiness
    no hope
    no more tomorrows
    no more when i grow ups
    no more getting better
    no more growing old
    no more achieving small goals
    no more completing large goals
    no more no more no more
    end it
    give up
    turn tail and run
    be a coward
    hide
    look no more for the sun
    don't fly, don't stare it to the sun
    just give up and die where you stand
    be weak
    be small
    and die

2. * * *
    Why do you write (beautifully) what I feel today, and on so many days, though I have fought. I do feel weak. I feel small. And I have died - a thousand deaths...

FAL1

3. cthulhu

i think you have missed the point of this peice, it was not ment to ientify with, it was ment to show the rediulousness of wanting to die, as aoposed to taking the world by the balls and making a diference in your own life....

4. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

:cry: that was good :clap:

:flowers:

XXXX,
    Carolyn.

5. * * *

I MADE a difference! I did for a long while. But it was all for nothing!! Everything has turned inside out - and it just so happens that what you expressed in facetiousness, is the story of my life. And btw - there is nothing ridiculous about being tired beyond words. Why are you here anyway - do you suppose you have all the answers? Is that why you joined a suicide forum? Sorry, but it's been a long hard day with a hard night before that. Many. I'm bitter and I'm weary...

I am no coward!! I've been beaten - do you judge me?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  6. cthulhu

yah, read what you post befor you hit submit, no i dont have all the answers, and if i did i wouldnt be here...it was my intent to show ppl what they are realy saying when they say they are going to kill them selves...exuse me for trying to bring another point of view, i for got we like to wallow in our own self ppity, i will only post pity poems from now on....

ps i dont write for you or anyone els but my self

7. After countless battles, and having being beaten, all courage stolen, you write this - ?!?!

"be weak
    be small
    and die"

How is one to react to that...

I AM, and I've been at the door

It sounds like judgement to me. Like I said, I'm tired. Am I taking it the wrong way? I don't think so...

FAL1

*Cthulhu is a monstrous entity who lies "dead but dreaming" in the city of R'lyeh, a place of non-Euclidean madness presently (and mercifully) sunken below the depths of the Pacific Ocean. Cthulhu appears in various monstrous and demonic forms in early myths of the human race. Racial memory preserves Him as humanity's most basic nightmare. Cthulhu is the high priest of the Great Old Ones, unnatural alien beings who ruled the Earth before humanity formed, worshipped as gods by some misguided people. It is said that They will return, causing worldwide insanity and mindless violence before finally displacing humanity forever.

Google search

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  8. cthulhu

god forbid someone say some thing honest...we can thave that now...and god forbid i express my self in a way i see fit, i just need to sensor every thing i feel to acomidate he rest of the world...sorry for not doing so, i will never ever fail in this respect again

ps i love how a joke can be taken out of context and used to jab at some one, i will not be postig any more of those either...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2006
  9. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

HEY!! Peace, please!!! Don't fight.:sad: We're all fragile here and each perspective is worthy of respect and introspection. Please, no fighting, peace please, peace peace!!:sad:

love to all of you, whether we agree or not, I love you all very much. I have not much to hang on to but my love for my friends. Please kiss and make up. You'll be going in the right direction.

least

PS; posting here, or anywhere, is not dependent on the reactions of others, but only because you/we/I need to post my/our feelings. Please don't fight guys!:sad:

10. curtius

curtius Well-Known Member

OK

There is one thing that has been forgotten here.

This is a public forum. If you post something on it you allow anyone to read it. As we are all individuals here - each one of us will read AND interpret each piece differently. If someone read your piece and was moved by it - is that not compliment enough? EVEN if they misinterpret it? If you only write for yourself - then what does it matter if someone viewed it differently? It is our freedom as writers and readers to interpret however we choose. If you have a message to get across - then write so it can be recieved. It is an art to communicate your thoughts in riddles so that they may be heard. If they are not - then try again. But its the beauty in touching someone, makeing them laugh, love, learn, cry....thats the beauty of poetry or any other form of art, people can be moved by it. It seems to me (my opinion of course) that you offended yourself by not getting your point across and when it was misinterpreted you snapped at everyone but yourself.

Mad at me now? Thats ok. I spend my entire day yelling at myself - you couldn't tell me anything I have screamed in my own mirror already...

...and for what its worth, as a poet myself I found your piece beautiful no matter your message.

You asked for honesty...

~C

11. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

...what Curtius said...

least

12. curtius

- and furthermore it seems that if you are NOT prepared for criticisim, cynicism, mispellings in responses or misinterpretations of any sort then you should reevaluate your need as of yet to post your work until you are ready for what it might stir.

My friend, you need to realize the power that words and emotions really do have over people. Your words were very powerful, now be ready for the response they may draw.

~C

13. ari

ari Staff Alumni

hmmm..... I hope things get worked out here....
    I have some thoughts about this poem...what it is bringing forth in "my" mind

The thoughts that flowed yesterday
    must have been stowed away, in the cargo below
    hidden deep within the reserves
    the storm raged from the words that were heard
    the image this will make will take the breath away
    the young and the old fighting these gale's,
    a spinning dervish, that at such ages,
    nothing seems anything other than black and white
    is there color now that life has traveled along the road for some
    still may be the same, the beast beaten back tamed for the moment
    but knowledge is what is age's power
    frusterated in the moment when not grasped
    in my times I remember,
    the youthful things that made me hang my head in shame,
    the want to die, is to take away the pain
    in infancy the sometimes is that we have not enough sight
    the blights upon the humanity marr the light till we want to take flight
    take a moment, inhale the breath of life, share it with the one that maybe is making you grimace alas groan
    the door that most of us seem to be grasping,
    even though we are looking back
    in our distant despairing stare, kindness may be met in the youth
    distain shuts off the brain.
    the storm will quiet

14. cthulhu

i ofer no retort, i am obviously in the wrong...but, i must be one hell of a poet, you see i once herd that a great poet insitex emotion with his work, and if the replise to this peice are any judge, i have done my work and done it well...

15. ari

ari Staff Alumni

ahhh....but you did offer a retort...
    left another message instilled, for others to hear
    to debate with you, self, and others
    judgement comes in so many forms
    persceptions often scarred by our traveling ways
    responses may be taken as judgments,
    I am I the judge, or you?
    my words may be seen as the sentancing
    am i the prisoner, or you?
    how does the world see each and every thing
    isnt this the beauty that we strive for?
    what makes a poet?

16. curtius

cthulhu,

That was very well done and you have my respect. It may not matter to you but it does to some.

Now twist your work for the power that you COULD enduce...I would like to read more.

~C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.