Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. through it all

through it all New Member

i don't want to live this life anymore. the people i know are better off without me. i have nothing to show for myself, even my own boyfriend doesn't give fuck about me. i try to tell him that i'm done with everything,but he just tells me i'm an idiot and that i need to grow up. things like that just encourage me to want do die even more. i've had thoughts of suicide throughout the years, but obviously haven't attempted just yet. i don't know how much more i can handle before i actually do end up doing something.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorrry your boyfriend is not supportive of you I think time for a new boyfriend. I wouldn't take that crap. You can hold on and should because there are better people out there to help you with your issues. Try talking to a coucillor a teacher a doctor try to reach out to someone who can give you advice on how to start really living again. Medication is starting to work for me after 5 weeks and therapy as well. Without it i would not be here. Please tell the so call boyfriend whocalled you an idiot to get a life and find someone who will respect you and help you . Glad you came here to people care here.
  3. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Don't give up on life now, it might seem bleak at the moment, but things can and will get better in time. Try seeking proffesional help to help you deal with these feelings, and perhaps it's time the relationship ended. Perhaps it's run it's course and you need to get out there and meet new people and get a new relationship. Or maybe it's time to spend some time alone, and focus on getting some help for yourself and working through this hard time.
    Good luck :hug:
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm thinking that maybe your boyfriend just doesn't understand you? He doesn't realise that people with depression/suicidal thoughts can't just snap out of it whenever they please. He wouldn't realise this unless he has been through it himself.
    Perhaps a solution would be to visit a doctor or a counsellor together. Please, do not try and deal with this alone. I have been there, it's too difficlt to keep those thoughts inside,bottled up, it could worsen your depression too.
    I'm sure there are many people that do care about and love you, please keep going for them even if you don't feel like staying alive for you. It will get better,
    I wish you the best of luck.
    Feel free to PM me anytime if you need to talk. :)
  5. through it all

through it all New Member

the thing is, he HAS tried to commit suicide before. this was before him and i even met. i would've thought he would understand, but it's a touchy subject for him and the only way he knows how to react is to be mad at me. but i can't help the feelings i have. i want to get better, and i want to be able to move on and live a healthy life. thanks everyone for replying to my original post =)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.