Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by jcat, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

is it normal to feel like you are slowly pushing away everyone that you care about or cares about you? i feel like im pushing everyone away and when that happens ill have no one and then i can die in peace.
  2. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i think this is a normal action of someone in your position jason.
    i dont know how to advise you not to push people away. you just gotta let people in. people care for you dont do anything irrational
  3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Yes it is. But it isnt you hun. It's the depression. It needs you to be isolated so that you will listen to all the negative crap it has to offer. And as for dying in peace.... dont think so. You will feel sooo alone not at peace at all!!!! Everyone needs someone. It's the nature of being human. So please hun, instead of using your energy to push why not pull. I'm here for you and you can pull me into your life and problems anytime you need to. I know pushing is easy but then all the good things in life are never easy. Guess that's why we enjoy them even more once we get them. We have to work a little harder to get them. You arent alone as long as you turn to the people that care about you here. Dont let the depression win!!!!!!
  4. elleanne

elleanne Well-Known Member

Well, it`s hardly `normal` to opt out of supportive relationships. However, it is common with depressed / suicidal people (my best friend and brother did).
    Who knows you`ll die in peace if you end your life? It`s 50/50, I think.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Normal? I don't know what normal is anymore..

But I've done what you did at times, and I guess its just down to feeling depressed and feeling that no one cares when in fact they do! :hug:
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I pushed everyone away over twenty years ago and have lived in isolation for seventeen of those years.. I was suicidal and attempted twice after I started isolating..To this day I have only the friends I have made here..I found that being in therapy for the last four years that I won't attempt again but I am still having trouble being social.. You should seek therapy now... It's not too late to kick depressions ass..What ever you do don't isolate.. If you even just get out and take a walk around a park each day it helps..Try and talk to your friends about how you are feeling,they might surprise you and offer you support.. In the mean time keep posting here because the members here are very supportive..
  7. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I have done this. Exactly this.
    I changed my number, deleted my email addresses, everything.
  8. depleted_soul

depleted_soul Well-Known Member

I have a bad habit of pushing people away. When I feel like people are becoming too close I tend to push them away. I need my personal space and letting people in just feels too risky for me.
  9. nmarques

nmarques Member

I did pushed away everyone, including very very old friends, the reason why I did it? Because I was afraid of someone going through my last defenses and inflict more pain. Pain is bad thing because it leads to despair, and that leads to hate, and then more pain.

It took me nowhere, instead only helped burying me deeper. I trully hope you are stronger than I, and that you can actually fight it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.