56 alone, and don't know how much more of this I can take

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by RenoBill, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RenoBill

RenoBill Active Member

I'm 56, single, live alone except for a great cat. I have a couple of friends, but don't get together much. Family is far away, and again not a lot of contact. I feel horribly lonely most of the time. Anxiety, depression and now some physical ailments are seriously curtailing my activity, which is making things even worse. I'm starting to wonder how much longer I can do this. It's like I don't want to wake up in the morning. It's really hard to take.

2. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Do you have access to a therapist or counselor? I used to be like you - and in some ways still am - and we worked on how for me to get together and initiate getting together with friends. I haven't done well but am better at it and less lonely. Keep writing this forum makes you feel less lonely and connected to people. Also I know in the USA there is a web site called meetup.com where events are posted in your area of the country and in your interests. I have met new people at meetup and made friends. Worst case you get out and are with people to interact with.

3. Stisme

Stisme Active Member

Welcome RenoBill I'm a new member myself. I can relate to your "don't want to wake up in the morning" statement but the fact that you did "wake up " is a wonderful thing. Take it day by day. Your a very important piece of the glue that holds this crazy world together. Keep coming back and read forums and talk to people. It really does help.

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Does it help talking to people online? I know that's not the same as meeting up with people in person, but it's something, a definite way to ease the loneliness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.