Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by cookiemonster, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Banned Member

i'm tempted and i dunno what to do...

2. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

:hug: can u call ur crisis team hun, please call someone,, that knows what is going on, that can help you :hug: please take care, sorry my reply isnt anymore helpful, not in a good way myself, jsut wnated to let u no i care :hug:

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey keep chating here keep your mind busy go out shopping take a walk listen to your fav song. get out of the room your in just change things. If that doesn 't work call someone anyone friend teacher relative and talk okay let the pain out Post here and get it out it does help okay. stay safe.

4. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Get distracted, keep busy... maybe get some fresh air, whatever helps the temptation pass.
    Has anything happened today to make you feel worse than usual?
    Feel free to PM. :hug:

5. jnine

jnine Well-Known Member

temptation is okay, i mean after all dying is my favorite rainy day back up plan, but i'm still here because sometimes, for myself, feeling the need to consider dying is like a gauge against which i can see how i'm actually doing. If i can think about what i'm feeling i ususally consider how urgent is the temtation, did it drop in me in a sudden swoop, creep up while i was doing/feeling something else, or has it been a long slow squeezing of my soul.

if i can't put my brain together well enough then maybe i just need to sleep or walk or....this is my magic trick, if i can do nothing else, i get out my coloring book and crayons and just color. It's overly simplistic but by then i'm a basket case and that a high level function for my condidtion. do you have a magic trick? something you can do that is inately soothing? I have an accqaintance who polishes her nails and another who makes tea. It could be something not brain demanding or requiring the input of others, or the spending of alot of energy, something quiet and calm and peacable for you.

Then i try and think about what i really want, if what i want is escape then most likely there is something else i can do, like leave the place that's difficult for awhile, a cup of coffee or a trip to the library might be enough, or maybe a something more is usefull, like an afternoon at the cinema. If it's a sudden thing then i do have to consider that the idea might not be entirely mine, just a reflex/rememberance of things past, or an unexpected set back. Then i make myself wait, do the distraction things until i have space for a deep breath and then i might write in a journal or to a friend about what ever it is/was that is doing me over. If it's a sudden or sharp feeling i think it's probably a specific thing and i can deal, after all we've all dealt with much more difficlt things before. But if it's the slow but relentless rising of that panic and desperation then i have nothing to offer except that i'm glad you thought to write to people here. I hope you find a way through what you are feeling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.