6 years old registered as a sex offender by school O.O

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by morning rush, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

are you fucking kidding me? a 6 yrs old boy was suspended for the day and now a registered sex offender for kissing a girl's HAND. What the fuck is going on with american schools? they said it was sexual harassment. O.O what? are they insane? do they know what sexual harassment is? Plus the little girl who had her hand kissed didn't have a problem with it...shouldn't it be the victim that complains? I mean you can't even kiss a girl's hand without being seen as a predator?

The kid is 6 years old! he doesn't even know what sex is. What's it going to be next? omg he poked her on her breasts?

Schools are going way overboard with a lot of things but that...that just tops it off. I can't believe that happened and that the school is serious about this. I mean that school has got serious problems.

Do they realize what they are saying and labelling that poor kid? How can they put him in the same category as real sex offenders? How is he a menace to others? Just for showing innocent affection?

ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous.

Here's the video of the interview;

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/6-old-boy-kisses-girl-200800422.html?vp=1

2. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

i agree, that's over the top- wow?

shocking..

3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

For the love of.............. the world is going to hell in a handbasket!

4. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I heard about this on the news lasngt night. Absolutely appalling

5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

and how many reported pedaphiles go free for lack of sufficent proof? Sick sick sick sick

6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Wow, what the hell is wrong with the world today? There's adult sex offenders roaming free, and a little kid gets this label put on him, for doing next to nothing. I don't even really know what to say about this one.

7. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I read about this. The little girl's mom said it was totally okay with the girl. He gave her a kiss on the cheek one day. another day he kissed her hand. That's it. So who are the pervs here? The school board who made the rule thinking that a 6 year old child has something nasty in mind giving a kiss on the cheek one day and a kiss on the hand another. So this emotionally scars the kid forever? I hope this school board gets a bit of instant karma on this one. I am angered

8. Raven

Raven Guest

Can we just end it and let the cockroaches have their chance?

9. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Not a world of a lie my child and a little boy age 3 and 4 they were both of the parents had to come in because little boy kissed my childs hand both suspened yet when my child was sexually assaulted by grade 5 student same dam principal did nothing NOHTING to that kid so what the hell is going on with dam school boards at least that little boy did not get labeled
    sick world it is really sick i hope the parents take dam school to court and sue their assess off them

10. flowers

flowers Senior Member

11. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

This is sad

12. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

13. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I think I would want to remove my child from any school that thought innocence was sexual harassment.

14. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Terry, that was my thought. What did it teach this boy, and other children? That there is something wrong with expressing authentic feelings of caring? Instilling shame? At first the mom said her daughter was fine with the gestures. Then, she changed her mind. She is a teacher in the district. I do not want children being taught to be afraid of their feelings of caring. Glad they found the boy innocent of the first charge. And lowered the infraction to a different charge. But I would want to get my child away from people who are capable of thinking like that

15. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

That's good news.
    The problem is the parents now have a child that now has a degree of understanding into the concept of "sexual harassment". And not just a conceptual limited understanding, but one that directly applies to who he is. These are the days in any childs life where they are exploring life and learning how to "define" it. These things, no matter how small, begin to shape how a individual see's and interacts in life. Thanks to this school, he's not only had a major response to a simple issue, but it's been a major response over a prolonged period of time. A simple issue blown out completely out of it's area because of 1 school decided to give into societies paranoia and definition, instead of doing the responsibile thing and addressing the childs over expressive physical contact "issue". Which could for all we know be the most freaken normal thing ever. Apparenlty he's "wrong" though.

Stupid teachers, they should have a reprimand put on their record and be ordered to take a crash course in basic teachings of a child. It's their job to guide the child, not bring in a third party and destroy the issue at hand.

16. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

This is absolutely disgraceful!!!! The boy is 6 for Christ sake! It seems as though he was just trying to express his fond feelings of the girl in question. When I was that age we all used to play kiss chase and we all had boyfriends and girlfriends lol it was just harmless young affection where you used to hold hands or kiss on the cheek. I think it's nice that children show affection for each other, much better than bullying other children! Even if the boy continuously harassed the girl for a kiss or kept trying to kiss her and she wasn't interested, the school should have had some common sense and just told the boy that he should listen to a girl when she says no and maybe informed the boys parents if it seemed to be a constant problem so they could teach him that it is not right to behave that way. But suspension and sexual harassment? A step too far. A boy of that age is not really going to have insight to know that it is wrong even if he was persistent. The poor boy will now probably be damaged for the rest of his life. It will knock his self confidence and when kids get old enough to google, this story will pop up then no doubt he will be a victim of bullying for being a "pervert". Mark my words.

17. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

they should have dealt with in a different way than just labelling him a sexual offender and sexual harassment. What ever happened to "no don't do that" and explaining why it's wrong to continue when someone says no? Back in my day, the teacher would tell you what you did wrong and put you in a corner for time out. They wouldn't label you a sex offender or whatever and it wouldn't go beyond that.

This story made the news and went around the globe. They made it way worse than it should have been.

Now I understand that the girl didn't want that attention, and that she was right to say no. There should be no shame in that and she didn't do anything wrong. It's the school that is in the wrong. For how they dealt with it. I think now that both kids will be traumatized by this event and it's so not fair for either of them...

this is all just a sad story...sometimes being an adult is not a good thing. Because we see it as sex, but they don't.

18. Lux

Lux Well-Known Member

I saw this in the paper the other day! Grim stuff. Glad it's cleared up

Kind of puts a horrible perspective on the 'kiss chase' games we used to play in the yard when I was about that age though :s

19. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

ima never live in Colorado, sound like their laws are more fk'd up than Tennessee laws... this is just absurd!

20. rigadoog

rigadoog Active Member

this story is ridiculous, but come on guys dont talk about pedophiles who don't get convicted because of lack of evidence. Would you really want to live in a country where any claim could warrant a jail sentence without evidence? Everyone hates pedophiles, nobody wants to see one go free. If there was a case with a pedophile where there was actually sufficient evidence and someone wasn't convicted, it would be on every news outlet you can find. Seriously just because a guy looks like a pedo or acts suspicious doesn't make him guilty. I would be more worried about someone accused of pedophilia being innocent than a guilty one going free. It seems like these days, as soon as there are allegations, somebody's reputation is completely ruined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.