Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Firefly, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firefly

Firefly Member

Do you ever think doctors are just useless? Considering suicide is a life or death situation, and some of us have tried to kill ourselves countless of times with a variety of different methods (some lethal), yet there seems to be nothing they can do. Or nothing they WILL do, to help us?

Well thats the situation I'm in.
    No lasting liver damage from last weeks overdose (unfortunately)
    So I'm planning (although have been trying to put off) hanging myself.
    Because the effects of anorexia, bulimia, insomnia, panic disorder, depression and agoraphobia are just a little too much. And no matter how much I explain, or fight, or dont fight…it never really makes much difference.

And you get tired.
    (so F***king tired).

And I've spent the last 7.5 hours lying in bed, not worrying this time about how much food im going to consume tomorrow, or how many times in going to throw up/panic/hallucinate from exhuastion…but just how many people are going to be in church.

Because there has to be some closure, escape and rest, somewhere.
    Just, anywhere.
    In the midst of all of this.
  2. ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost Member

Are you in therapy? From the sound of your post you might be basically borderline which is most treatable through therapy versus medication (or so I have read).

I also don't agree that doctors are useless. They can't will you into having a desire for survival or reverse personality disorders. When I had to be hospitalized I did get help and it really did make me stable enough to snap back into reality. I was mentally no longer there and sorta floating around like the walking dead and being there pulled me out of it. It was both horrible and wonderful.

So here is another question.. have you tried a hospital stay?
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Firefly,
    I have alot of the same symptoms as you..I'm quite a bit older than you and have had three attempts at suicide.. When I get to the point where I am going to try again I go into the hospital voluntarily..Like Paradise lost said it helps you to snap out of it..You feel safe in there because you know that no one is going to let you harm yourself..
    I have learned for the most part to accept how my disabilities affect me and have been in therapy for five years..It's not a quick fix but it helps you to cope with your problems..I hope you find peace with yourself and find a positive path to follow.. Take Care!!
  4. Firefly

Firefly Member

Paradise - what do you mean by "borderline"?

And no, Ive never tried hospital. Im from the UK, and the recourses here for stuff like that are not good. I onlt started with the mental health team about a month ago, and theyve barely given me crisis numbers, let alone suggested hospital. When does that usually get suggested?

5. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Doctors do what they can. In the end there is only so much we understand about the human mind. Doctors have to take that knowledge and attempt to find some way to help the person.

It sounds to me like you do not want to be helped. You see doctors as a hinderance in your overall plan. Have you ever thought about accepting their help?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.