Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by wheresmysheep, Jul 25, 2010.

1. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

I dont really want to go into the full story, but I just feel liek I need to post to get some support...
    Basically, was with my bf for 5-6years, broke up with him yesterday.. Because I'm gay.

I feel like complete shit, cause i do love him, its just not right.

so i am fucked right about now
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Biggest :hug: 's hun! You already know what I think :) so... just trust your instincts :) :hug:
  3. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

You know what i think too :hug: I know how hard that was for you and i'm proud of you. You know where i am if you need me.

Sending you some <3 here too!!

4. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Emma I am really proud of you too. You've done the right thing, even if it doesn't feel like it now.

Please do your best to look after yourself and lean on us.

5. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I know it was tough, but it was definitely the right thing to do.

:i'm sorry:
  6. wheresmysheep

Ty guys.. Its just so hard.. i feel torn up inside. but i suppose it will pass. I have to do whats right for me.. as everyone keeps saying..
    :hug: s ty
  7. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

If you're truly a lesbian, then how did you have a boyfriend for 6 years? You sound more like you're bisexual, because you had to be attracted to him in the first place.
  8. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

And Em even though he is hurting now, it was the right thing for him too, because he can find someone that can return the same kind of love.

I'm around if you'd like to chat.
  9. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

A month or so ago a politician in the New South Wales government stepped down from his postion in parliament due to a sudden 'outing' when he was seen walking out of a gay sauna.

I don't know the exact details but the man had been married(to his wife) for 20 years. He has children as far as I hear too.

Some people go their ENTIRE lives never accepting who they really are. It's only in recent times that people are actually accepting homosexuality.

Emma could be Bi, or she could well and truly be a Lesbian. The truth I guess lies with her :smile:. She may have wanted to not end her relationship with her boyfriend to try and not cause harm. I don't know her exact situation so I'm unable to comment on anything conclusively.

But anyway, It's good you were able to 'let him go' if you wanna call it that. He will be able to move on and so will you.

One day, you will be grateful you did this. Because you will find someone you truly like :), :hug:

Good luck!
  10. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Basically I can repeat most of the posts that others have made. It's a great thing you're accepting that you're gay and breaking up with your ex is probably the hardest part of the whole accepting yourself bit.

You did this for yourself and in the end it's for the best for him as well. This way you can both move on and eventually find someone where there's the same kind of love back and forth.

I'm really proud of you!! :hug: :hug:
  11. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I hope you know that you may feel like shit now for hurting him but really the longer it went on the worse it would get. Took a lot of soul searching I bet to figure this all out and it took a loads of courage to tell him so I'm proud of you for doing that. It might take a while but once all this settles down you hopefully realize that this was all for the best. Super :hug: 's for you :D
  12. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Proud of you hun, you know where I am when you want to talk x
  13. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

I really don't think you're in any position to make any kinda of statement/judgment on what Emma's sexuality is as you have no idea what the situation was with her ex or how she's felt about her sexuality her whole life. You also have no idea what kind of a relationship it was for those whole 6 years.

I'm sure you are well aware that someone can question their sexuality suddenly as i seem to recall that your recent thread in this section of the forum started and i quote ''I have been recently wondering if I am a bisexual guy?''

If Emma states that she is gay, then she is. I know how hard it's been for her to accept this and i know how hard it was for her to do what she did yesterday, 6 years is a very long time to throw away and she knows that but she would NEVER do it without good reason. She had to be true to herself and im bloody proud of her for doing so.

I also know how hard it was for her to post this thread and i'm she (being a close friend of hers, nor do i) doesn't appreciate you questioning her judgement when it's been so hard for her to do this. I'm sure that was the last thing she needed considering what she's going through.
  14. wheresmysheep

Thank you everyone for the general consensus of support. I knew most of you would understand.

Right, Dave..
    As in said in my original post, I didnt really want to go into detail, but if you must know, as according to you, i obviously dont know my own feelings or sexuality or anything. I have ALWAYS been confused over my sexual orientation.
    I have firstly always said that I was bi, and my bf knew that from the start. My first 'fooling around' if you will, was with another girl, so maybe that shouldve been a sign to begin with.
    And this is not a snap decision, I have been almost certain I'm gay for nearly 2-3 years now. I just didnt want to hurt the guy who stood by me through all ive been through. But i now realise that is not a good enough reason to stay with someone.

So end of it all is, NO DAVE, I AM NOT BI, I AM GAY.

and vikki...
    :wub: you
  15. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

16. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

:hug: awhh Emma well done for being so strong and posting this thread. love you hun xx