Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Chanel1337, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chanel1337

Chanel1337 Member

Hi there people

I tried committing suicide when I was 17, though my parents like to refer to it as my 'incident'.
    I started SI'ing when I was 15 after I became depressed; didn't help that I had a eating disorder either.
    I have finally stopped SI'ing (I'm 23 now) for about 1 and half years, though I strongly feel the urge to do it again every now and then.
    I've never had therapy and stopped taking my AD's after about 8 months, but I feel happier than I've ever been. I still think that I'm a waste of space and a loser in general, but I think I owe it to myself to see if I can be strong enough to overcome my destructive nature. I don't want people to think that I've given in by being weak.
    So I still think about SI and suicide, but it would be great to talk to other people when I'm in one of my black holes, and to help other people out of theirs :)

2. Pebble

Pebble Well-Known Member

Hi Chanel
    Welldone on being SI free for all that time, thats a great achievement :smile:
    You'l find some great support here on SF, there are so many amazingly supportive people willing to help so make sure you reach out if you need to
    x If you ever need anything just give me a shout x
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum Chanel :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.