7 reasons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by hammockmonkey, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

2. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Great link, it is so true.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

haha made me giggle:tongue:
  4. ybt

ybt Guest

I don't really agree. I think the article has a few good points, but I think that as a person you will invariably have different preferences than the next person. Sure, you can try to acquire annoying friends, but that may not be for you just because people are different.
  5. hammockmonkey

its about learning to deal with annoying people and finding things you like in them anyways, the redeeming qualities of all people. its not like "that persons annoying, they're my new friend!" I think its just like, "yes that person does (whatever) but I'm going to accept them anyways because (whatever) isn't a big deal and they are pretty cool."
  6. ybt

ybt Guest

But even then, some things will just remain annoying.
  7. hammockmonkey

8. wanttodie

wanttodie Well-Known Member

"the naked picture" test actually applies to my life. I did something shameful and was caught by someone who saw me doing it and the he spread it to anyone because of his spite. I was a social outcast even prior to that, and things just became worse after all the verbal abuse I got. I have been embarrassed by it ever since and its one of the reasons why im suicidal. I fear people. I really wish someone could help me instead of making fun of me. Yes, I am a pervert but why punish some one so badly for one mistake ? I never harmed anyone.
  9. fixintodie

fixintodie Active Member

to wanttodie

is it to much to ask the poster above as to what you did? yes shame is stigmatizing and people love to point the finger as soon as possible. you can post here or pm me if you like. i wanna know if theres a way to help
  10. fixintodie

fixintodie Active Member

btw thanks for article
  11. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

funny website
  12. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Excuse me, but I thought that not suffering fools gladly was an admirable trait.

13. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

I agree with most of the article except #6, which is just vapid. We should be unhappy because we have more news sources, instead of one source that is frequently wrong? :rolleyes:
  14. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

I agree with a few of those points, 2, 3, 4, 7...I love his writing style thats for sure. Really cool post.
  15. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

The 21st century? You kids of today--the 20th century was the killer. The Kinks got it about right back in 1971:

This is the age of machinery,
    A mechanical nightmare,
    The wonderful world of technology,
    Napalm, hydrogen bombs, biological warfare,

This is the twentieth century,
    With too much aggravation
    This is the age of insanity,
    What has become of the green pleasant fields of Jerusalem.

Ain't got no ambition, I'm just disillusioned
    I'm a twentieth century man but I don't wanna be here.

There's nothing new under the sun.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.