7 years since...

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Locket, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

i've never written on this part of the forum before and ... i still don't know if i want to ... i guess i'll persevere
    i've just been triggered (badly) by a post someone put up on the suicide thread earlier, and it's making me want to hurt myself ... a lot.
    i've had flashbacks pretty much every day since i was ... attacked (don't want to say the word), 7 years ago. i was 10.
    i've learnt to control them to a degree but they're always there at night. i don't know why at night, i guess that's just when i have (too much) time to think.

has anyone been through this and had flashbacks that they were able to get rid of completely?
    i need to know someone has got through this and not had it completely ruin their entire life :cry: ... i'm losing hope here.

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so down locket. I honestly don't know if someone can really get over being 'attacked', but all you can do is try to move on with your life. Also, if there was a post that has triggered you, let a moderator know and they will edit it. :hug:

3. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

thank you dave
    the post already said it was triggering
    i just thought i was okay and strong enough to deal with it
    apparently i was wrong

4. Rockster

Rockster Guest

It takes time Laura and if you ever feel triggered, text me you have my number hun and i will help where i can :hug:

5. d-pressed

d-pressed Well-Known Member

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

You're 17 now right? Actually, it's not a long time to 'get over' what happened, if you think about it in this way; I'm guessing you are still living at home, maybe you are still in an environment familiar to that when you were 10, in that you are surrounded by the same friends and family, living in the same area perhaps? So don't lose hope that one day you will be able to get over what happened to you, and that will mean less flashbacks and pain associated with them. You will come out an even stronger person than you are now, believe me!

What are your future plans? Are you going to university/college?

In the meantime, are you on medication to help you along? Are you seeing/have you ever seen a counsellor?

Take care.

6. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

i am still living at home, although i don't know if what i do constitutes as living... i spend most of my time out of the house to try and get away from it.
    i can see what you mean, about the similar environments etc.
    i'm hoping to go to university in september/october time, so i'll be able to leave and go far away :)
    i have just been accepted back with my old therapist because i went to the hospital to get sorted out what i did to myself last night.

thankyou :heart:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.