8 Months Of Sobriety Shot To Hell

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Godsdrummer, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Looks like I am going to drink after work tonight.

I don't wanna go to a meeting. I just dont want to feel anymore pain.

Today's stress has proved too much for me, and that is it.

I even know the liquor store I will be stopping at, and exactly what I will be getting.

It will be gone before I get home.

2. Shattered Soldier

Shattered Soldier Well-Known Member

Being an NA person who just recently blew four months of sobriety on a bottle of wine I can tell you from my experience that it just isn't worth it. It didn't make me feel good, didn't take the pain away, and it only made the thoughts of hurting myself even worse. I can honestly say that it made the guilt of throwing away my clean time amplified a thousand fold. The next day, my problems and pain came back even worse than before. Just my personal experience though.

I'm no longer going to meetings now because I feel that won't help somebody who is so hurt that they can't even "share" about it. I'm sure you know all of the motto's and cliche's so I won't even bother to mention them, but seriously, do you really want to risk being a slave to a substance again?

I don't know if I helped at all, but when I read your post I just had to say something.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Not worth the pain the self hate you will be just adding more fire on top of what you have more pain to get rid of. Go for a long jog a long drive okay think about your kids do what is best for them.

4. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

FUCKING DON'T DO IT

You are not thinking clearly Bill and this is bullshit and you know it....FIGHT IT FIGHT IT FIGHT IT..

Get on your fucking knees and beg for help.

Call your sponsor.

Get your ASS to a MEETING.

Wait???? You know all this already....oh your disease is talking to you again..well tell it to FUCK OFF and go home to your family or better yet a FUCKING MEETING!

Now what is it gonna be...starting from square one or telling that disease of yours NO WAY and do the right thing.

We love you and you know it ..don't throw it all away..you don't know if you have another recovery in you, you never know so stick with the one you got now it has served you well so far...

5. corang

corang Well-Known Member

I had a relapse just yesterday and Im still burnt pretty bad. Nothing good came from it nothing at all. Fight it youve gone 8 months that shows your strong!

6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Pete, you seem to be doing so well... I consider you sort of an inspiration on this forum. Don't do it! Take a different route home, or, even better, do something to make yourself feel better, like going out for dinner or something.

7. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Update!

I didnt drink last night, rather I did what any good drummer does when facing stress.

I went home and pounded the crap out of my drums. lol

8. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it. Good for you!

9. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Good to hear. :arms:

10. Shattered Soldier

Shattered Soldier Well-Known Member

Very happy to hear it. Eight months is an AWFUL long time to throw away!

11. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Good work, Bill!

12. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

That is fucking great..now get your ass to a meeting buddy...just kidding but maybe you need to go it you have not gone in a while.

So glad you stayed strong.

13. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

well done !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.