8 toxic personalities

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Jack Rabbit, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Rabbit

Jack Rabbit Well-Known Member

2. MeAndYou

MeAndYou Well-Known Member

Interesting article. Have had 1 too many experiences with the manipulative type and narcissistic type...

I've always sort of thought this but didnt know it would fall under any category but i tend to be insincere. It basically leads to "clicking" with people who were manipulative or narcissistic. I think its more a defense mechanism on my part though to just not get taht emotionally attached to people because of the manipulative ones i have encountered but i guess i should understand in some cases the relationship foundation is only as strong as my desire to have the relationship.

3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

JACK: Thanks for posting this article. I think it is is right on. I've got about 35 years of adult life experience to have known, met or still hang with every one of these personality types.

If you understand them, it can help to keep them from harming you.

Again, thanks for posting. I hope everyone reads this!

4. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

So basically this is saying that if you know someone who is deppressed and always focuses on the bad things in life, that means he/she is a bad person and should be avoided? :huh:

introversion cannot always be overcome, just because a person can only concentrate on their own problems it does not mean they are bad people, it could be that they have aspergers or some other disorder which affects their personality.

What a load of shite, they tell you to avoid people who are selfish, when in fact it is also selfish to avoid others because of their problems :dry:.

5. shades

shades Staff Alumni

At the end of the analysis, the writer says to avoid spending a lot of time with these types of personalities. I don't think they took into account that some people with these issues may be suffering from some type of disorder.

So, ANON, you make a good point about it, but I think in general terms, the article has many valid points to it. I think it just makes us a little more aware of how we interact with each other.

6. MeAndYou

MeAndYou Well-Known Member

Well for me personally everyone has a little bit of everything in their personality..but whichever ones dominate are the category they fit into (in my opinion).

Also introversion is not simply an evasion of human contact...its a completely different brain as far as function and activity. With an introvert (as myself) the brain is OVER fucntioning durnig social situations and getting MORE out of very LITTLE therefore an introvert feels tired after a day with a group of people and require a day or so of complete alone time ot "recharge". Whereas and extrovert has LESS brain stimulation during social situations..therefore requiring more social situations. Introvesrion doesnt mean any 1 person is simply focusing on themself..it simply means their brain reacts differently to social situations.

7. Jack Rabbit

I think it can also make us more aware of what we are doing to ourselves. Anon, how many times have you been that depressed guy to yourself :lol!:

And, yeah, these guys could very well be disturbed - it's not too hard to figure out how a borderline personality would manifest in this paradigm. And, I don't know about you but I would rather not spend a lot of time with borderline ppl. I don't need the triggers.

8. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Dear God, that's entire article is my Dad in 22 short paragraphs.

9. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

10. Jack Rabbit

A couple of good points, Anon
    quote: Again, its a load of psuedo-scientific bullshit.
    Of course it is. :cool: Isn't all psychology? Since we're not allowed to do any real experiments on human subjects, it is inevitably pseudo-science. But even so, it can be useful. And while you can't avoid yourself, you can (at least try to) change yourself. I've learned to listen when my wife tells me I'm being cranky. That's not always the word she uses. It's just that, more often than not, the problem is me, not her (I recommend a sane spouse to each of you) and am slowly learning to respond in a way that, in the long run, makes us happy.

11. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Wow apparently I'm toxic........Gotta tell everyone to wear their Bio Hazard suits next time they touch me.

12. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Nobody will ever get in a relationship with somebody who always focuses on the bad side of life. The best thing to do if you are this way is to lie and try and be somebody else. Society sucks, I know.

This article actually really pisses me off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.