8 years and ready to call it quits.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by jaojohnson1, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaojohnson1

jaojohnson1 New Member

I have OCD it has ruined my life completely. 8 years I have been struggling with it and now I'm just tired of trying. I'm 23 now and I have never had a job and I'm the biggest loser there is. Since last december when I woke up to realitiy and realized where I am in life, it has become so hard to get out of bed everyday. I am constantly sad and in sarrow every night.

I seriously need a job where I can be happy, but a 8 year unemployment record really doesn't looks nice on a resume. But even if I could get a job could I hold it? That is a question that comes to mind. What about the payment? Am I going to be a janitor? Oh man, I have ruined my life!

I have no education, I have no social networks to reach out to.

Two days it will be my birthday and I'll be 24, I hope I don't see this day!
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I hope you DO see your birthday. I know you're struggling, but I hope you can hold on. Here if you ever want to talk.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You are still young still can get job Is there any career places that help get you a job that deal with disabilities. Don't give up hope keep trying okay.
  4. rvsaraiva

rvsaraiva Member

He there. I can relate to what you're saying. I have abrother who is also 23 and he suffers from severe OCD and extreme anxiety. He quit school, and now found a job which he doesn´t know if he will be able to keep it. He struggles everday but he's seeing a psychologist who is teaching him skills to try and cope with his problem. I would suggest yo to try and find one, my brother says he is feeling much better and also try not to focus too much on the past nor in the future and only focus on the present. One day at a time. Praying for you. Cheers
  5. Zola

Zola Antiquities Friend

Hey, guy,

If you want to talk about it, you can reach me on PM. I know what you're going through. Give me a chance.

6. rainycity

rainycity New Member

Dude all I can say is this. It does not matter where you are, who you are or who you will be. this sh#t doesn not pick favourites. You could be the most successful [insert idealistic job here] and you may still feel this way. I am not trying to be negative, but I have worked my ass off for the past 15 years and become a huge success at what I tried to do and here I sit, feeling the same way. I'm not sure who has the worst deal; one who worked so hard to get somewhere and realized it was all for nothing and I couldn't run away from it all, or one who has not acquired the skills to do his thing and thinks he may never. I think, honestly we are both doing pretty ok. Logically we are, but psychologically (if I may) we are not. I just got on here 30 seconds ago, and right now I am in the same boat exactly, but my thoughts are that you should not focus on what you have not done because NO ONE gets anything done before that age. Honestly you might feel like you have been left behind, but realistically you aren't even at the starting line yet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.