Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by zowe, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zowe

zowe New Member

people think self harming is crazy, for weirdo's. emo?! for people who are fucked in the head. yeah ive heard it all. people are so stereotypical these days.
    maybe they should step back and find out the reason that person self harms in the first place.
    i self harm to take other pain away, it gives me a relief, i feel better in myself when i feel myself doing it. - i don't do it for attention. i hide the cuts, until the fade enough i wear loads of bracelets or long sleeves.but now i think self harming my self has become an addition. ive started cutting my legs, arms, wrists any where i can. one person found out, called me a physco. i felt hurt by that. as they don't understand why i do it. people should be more caring towards people and find out whats hurting them, not hurt them more.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yes some people can be very cruel hun educating them is what is needed but so hard to do. I am sorry that someone was unkind hugs to you
  3. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

Yea, I agree. People don't understand SH, unless they've been through it. That's one of the reasons I never told (and still haven't) anyone about my SH.
  4. lycoris

lycoris Well-Known Member

I have been called many names over the years aswell.

UNfortunately people don't understand self harm and there isn't really much chance to learn about it. I didn't think other people did it when i started and it was only after i started that i started to notice books on self harm, depression etc.

People fear what they don't understand and that is why they get nasty about it.

Im sorry people have been horrid to you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.