90 Days of (Hopefully) Weight Loss- Pre-Christmas Diet *Comments Very Welcome*

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It is very delicious and easy to make. Saute the onion, boil or steam the veg, mix them together and smash up a bit (don't completely mash), top with cheese and pop in the oven for about 35 minutes. It's a good way of using leftovers, it's a bit like bubble and squeak I guess, but baked.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I wonder if you started eating brekkie would that help you lose the pounds faster? They always say it kick starts the metabolism, maybe even just try it for a couple of weeks?

You're doing great though, i love your half way review, you're doing so well, i'm proud of you.

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I don't like eating in the morning because I don't often feel hungry and eating early makes me feel nauseous. Maybe it's worth trying though.

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Day 49

I had an OK day. I haven't eaten much but I haven't exercised either. I fell over and thought I'd broken my arm so spent a few hours sat in the hospital waiting room so I've only walked about 2000 steps. Luckily my arm's not broken, just badly strained.

Breakfast: just a glass of water

Lunch: nothing, just a can of coke because I was in the hospital (139 kcals)

Afternoon: a chocolate cookie (97 kcals)

Dinner: a jacket potato with baked beans, a little butter, low fat cheese, avocado and salad (about 660 kcals) and a large glass of fruit juice (about 130 kcals)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I don't like eating in the morning because I don't often feel hungry and eating early makes me feel nauseous. Maybe it's worth trying though.
Maybe it is worth a try hun, just to see if there is any difference.

Just curious, how do you count up the calories for all of your meals? Could you be underestimating them?

...Just trying to figure out how you're being so good but the scales aren't showing it. It could be an increase in muscle too.

Here for you anytime x

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I think I'm pretty accurate in calorie counting. For most things I take the info off the product packaging but for other stuff I use an app. I don't weigh stuff but I check in the app what a medium size potato is on average or a large egg etc.

I think it's just due to not exercising enough. I love walking, as you know, but it probably doesn't get my heart racing enough to burn lots of calories. My basal metabolic rate is only about 1200 calories and even on an active day when I've done quite a bit of walking I probably only burn about 1800 calories. So, even if I'm only eating about 1200-1300 calories a day, I'm probably not going to lose more than a pound a week, if that (they say that you need a deficit of about 3500 calories to lose a pound). I need to exercise more really I think.

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Day 50

I had a reasonable day today. I've probably eaten too many calories, but I've had plenty of fruit and veg which is good. I went for a walk this evening and have walked about 8000 steps in total.

Brunch: mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, scrambled egg and half an avocado with 2 slices of toast (about 720 kcals) with a glass of multivitamin juice (about 130 kcals)

Afternoon: 3 chocolate cookies (288 kcals) and a glass of water

Dinner: 2 slices of roast pork with 1 roast potato, carrots, swede and broccoli with gravy (about 400 kcals) and a glass of water

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Day 51

I had a good day yesterday. I ate healthily, with plenty of fruit, veg and protein and not too many carbs. Exercise wise, I went for a walk in the evening and walked just over 12000 steps in total.

Breakfast: a large skinny cappuccino (about 120 kcals)

Mid-morning: a large skinny cappuccino (about 120 kcals)

Lunch: chicken salad with coleslaw (about 410 kcals) with a glass of water

Dinner: salmon salad with a slice of bread and butter followed by some melon (about 400 kcals) with a glass of water

Evening snack: a small portion of tortilla chips (10) with salsa (about 160 kcals)

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Day 52

I didn't have a great day yesterday. I went out for dinner with friends and ate a lot. Luckily I'd gone for a long walk in the afternoon and walked over 15000 steps in total.

Breakfast: a glass of water and a large skinny cappuccino (about 120 kcals)

Lunch: a chicken breast with half a jacket potato and salad (about 490 kcals) with a bottle of water

Dinner: garlic prawns followed by a steak with fries then 2 scoops of ice cream for dessert with a glass of red wine and a baileys coffee (about 1500 kcals)

Evening: 2 large gins with tonic (about 340 kcals)

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Day 53

I've had a better day today. I've eaten healthily, I went for a long walk, I've walked over 16000 steps in total and I've done some stomach toning exercises :)

Breakfast: a glass of water and a large skinny cappuccino (about 120 kcals)

Lunch: Mediterranean rice salad with lettuce, cucumber, a spoonful of grated cheese and a spoonful of Caesar dressing (about 320 kcals) with a bottle of water

Afternoon: mango ice tea (48 kcals)

Dinner: chicken, prawn & vegetable Thai curry with rice followed by some melon (about 550 kcals)

Evening: a praline & wafer snack bar (165 kcals)

Last edited:

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Day 54

I haven't had a great day again today. The food I've eaten has been fairly healthy, but I've had too many calories. I love avocados and they're super good for you but, boy do they have a lot of calories. Luckily I've done lots of walking again (over 15000 steps) and I've done some more stomach toning exercises so hopefully I haven't done too much damage.

Breakfast: a glass of water, a large skinny cappuccino and a protein bar (about 350 kcals)

Lunch: salad of lettuce, cucumber, mixed beans, a spoonful of grated cheese and dressing (about 350 kcals) with a bottle of mango ice tea (48 kcals)

Afternoon: a medium skinny cappuccino (about 80 kcals)

Dinner: 2 chicken, bacon and avocado sandwiches with some reduced fat coleslaw followed by some grapes (about 1200 kcals) with a bottle of water

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Day 55

I've had an OK day today. I was doing really well until this evening, when I gave in to a chocolate craving. I've still had less calories than yesterday though :) I've done quite a lot of walking again, nearly 12000 steps in total, and I've done some more stomach toning exercises.

Breakfast: mango and camomile iced tea, (48 kcals)

Mid-morning: a large skinny cappuccino (about 120 kcals)

Lunch: chicken salad (about 340 kcals) with a bottle of water

Dinner: chicken with a tomato and pepper sauce with new potatoes, swede and carrots, followed by some grapes (about 420 kcals) with a bottle of water

Evening: cadbury chocolate (398 kcals)

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Day 56

Oh dear I've had another bad day. I was feeling bored and miserable so opened a large packet of crisps and ate about 3/4 of the pack with a pot of tzatziki. I haven't done too well on the exercise front either. I went out for a 40 minute walk earlier but have only done about 7500 steps in total.

On the plus side, I'm pleased with how I've cut down on alcohol and upped my fruit intake over the last few weeks :)

Breakfast: 2 pancakes with butter and a bottle of lemon and elderflower water (about 260 kcals)

Mid-morning: a black coffee (0 kcals)

Lunch: crisps with tzatziki (about 460 kcals)

Afternoon: a hot chocolate (about 260 kcals)

Dinner: chicken and mushroom risotto, with a slice of bread and butter, followed by some watermelon (about 760 kcals) with a bottle of water

Evening: more crisps with tzatziki (about 290 kcals)

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Day 57

I've had yet another bad day :( I've eaten too much again and haven't done much exercise. I went out for a walk earlier, but have only done about 7500 steps in total, but I did do some stomach toning exercises this evening :)

Breakfast: 2 pancakes with maple syrup and a black coffee (about 270 kcals)

Mid-morning: lemon water (about 50 kcals)

Lunch: chicken breast, crisps with reduced calorie houmous and a yogurt (about 430 kcals)

Afternoon: a cup of coffee and a chocolate brownie (about 380 kcals)

Dinner: chilli con carne with rice, a side salad and a spoonful of sour cream followed by some grapes and mango ice tea (about 730 kcals)

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Day 58

I've had a better day today. I've eaten less calories and done not exercise. I went for a 40 minute walk and have walked nearly 13000 steps in total and I've done some stomach toning exercises again this evening :)

Breakfast: large skinny cappuccino (about 120 kcals)

Lunch: a BLT sandwich with baked crisps, an apple and nut bar and a bottle of water (about 700 kcals)

Dinner: salmon and prawn salad with 2 slices of bread and butter followed by some grapes and a plum (about 580 kcals)

Evening: a cup of coffee with semi skimmed milk and a spoonful of sugar (about 20 kcals)

tlarson

lots of exercise,plenty of fruits and veggies,and very light if at all on the booze.Good for the mind as well as the body.Exercise is my mental health plan.BEST OF LUCK

tlarson

I have found that exercise is every bit as important as calorie intake,maybe more.I t will increase your metabolism and you will burn calories even while at rest.Once again,best of luck.You got this

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thanks @tlarson I'm trying to do more exercise, but I don't really enjoy it. I like walking, but that's about it. I also enjoy dance classes but I can't afford them right now :(

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00