A... bad boyfriend?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by moogkitz, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moogkitz

moogkitz Well-Known Member

My boyfriend and I have known each other for about 5 years. We just started dating recently (yesterday was our two-month anniversary). When we started dating I was... pretty happy. His friends told me that he liked me a lot and I believed them. I knew I was in love with him right away :rolleyes: it may seem naive, but he just seems like "the one"... Or whatever lol

anyway, we have been getting into lots of fights recently. He never lets me talk to (or interact with) any other guys, when I've seen him hugging other girls, he says little things about my weight that make me feel like I'm fat, and he always talks to my sister more than he talks to me...

Our most recent fight started with him commenting on my size. I was on the phone with him when he said "why aren't you small (as in "skinny") anymore?" I got so angry when he said that... I started crying, but he didn't know I was until my sister came in the room and said (very loudly) "why are you crying?" well... after I calmed down a bit he said that me crying was really stupid and I shouldn't have done it. WTF, right? I got even more angry so I was just quiet the whole time and it just got HIM more angry and he said he would talk to me later and hung up. I really haven't talked to him since...

So, my question is: is this where I should draw the line? I mean, i've been thinking about breaking up with him because 1) he seems like he's not that into me, 2) he once said to me that my sister is more interesting than me, and 3) he never wants to spend any time with me...

Is he a bad boyfriend? Should I end it?

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

From experience, I find that the most truthful approach is the best. Ask him straight out if hes that into you and tell him he's been hurting your feelings. Based on his answers, you'll know what to do. Take care of yourself first. Otherwise, this will go on and on.

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Yes, he's being a bad boyfriend. He sounds like he's being a complete jerk. You deserve way better!

4. CCK

CCK Well-Known Member

I'll be blunt and tell you to dump his sorry ass before you let this get you really down.

5. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I'm in agreement with that. Don't let it drag on if it's getting you down. He sounds very inconsiderate, can you see a happy future with him?
    Break ups are hard at first, but you'll come through it stronger and happier. You deserve to be treated better.

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree dump his ass!! He sounds manipulative and is trying to control you.. You don't need that crap..Mr. Right is out there, you will find him.. Look out for yourself...

7. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

It sounds like his already moved on, I think you should do the same.

"his just not into you"...

...and his acting like an a$$hat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.