a bad day at work

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by among the stars, Mar 9, 2011.

1. among the stars

among the stars Well-Known Member

So many people ask “what’s wrong” and I always say “I’m fine” but what they don’t see are the scars disguised on my skin, the cries of agony right below the surface; the pained and broken child hiding within the confines of my soul. [I don’t bring these pains, these scars to light; I don’t want people staring with their cruel and judgmental eyes.] As each person walks away thinking “I did my good deed, I offered, I asked” smiling slightly to themselves; I turn around and whisper softly “everything.” A tear glides silently down my cheek “No one will ever understand, No one will ever truly care” Silence surrounds me, only the echo’s of my shoes on the tile floor of the empty hallway are heard. I pass endless closed doors, shut out to the world. More and more tears slip down my cheeks; suddenly I begin to run. I don’t care who sees, I don’t care who yells for me to stop; I need to get out, I need to get away from the demons who are always a half a step behind. Always hurting, forever crying; no matter how far or how fast I run I know I will never truly get away.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hear i see and i truly understand i do often i run and hide so noone sees too.
    The thing is you have to talk to someone hun okay you therapist and let that pain the sadness sits there right on the surface out in a controlled way okay
    That way it won't sneak up on you when you are not ready for it. I hope you have that help hugs

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

we get it here broken_child...I understand how you are feeling that no one understands
    it's a lonely, isolating feeling.
    I hope you will keep reaching out here and not keep it bottled up inside..
    it's ok to run away sometimes...I want to move to the other side of the world at the moment but I can't..
    are you having therapy so you can talk about these feelings?
    :hug: