A better place

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TurtlesInTrees, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Someone I knew committed suicide not long ago and all people can say is that he is in a 'better place' now. Why can't I go to that 'better place' too?

2. spaceman

spaceman Member

because showing emotion is wrong, didn't you know?
    saying someone has gone to a "better place" is pretty much anti-grieving, isn't it?

because it's a terrible euphemism that only people who have never been to "the zone of man where man cannot descend, even if Virgil were to lead him, for Virgil would not go down there" use along with motivational posters and the dead end "thought reframing" processes and other forms of emotional heresy to blindly waddle through their day, without knowing the least what true suffering is, and as such how could they possibly know "a better place" from their own shit?

these people are empty, just as empty as anyone here who may be contemplating suicide has been empty for entirely too long. but we at least have a heads up, we know how to interpret our emotions well enough to realize when it's time to seek help.

stupid sayings for stupid people.

3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Don't worry Mello :tongue:, one day you'll get to go....one day :). BUT NOT TODAY! :tongue: lol :laugh:

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

It's not your time to go :hug:

Keep reaching out, it doesn't have to be this way.

5. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I respect everyone's belief. I believe though the better place is here, if we want to make it so. And we need all good people and good will. So talk to us instead, please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.