1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bit of a question.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ASkylitDrive, May 19, 2010.

  1. ASkylitDrive

    ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

    Okay so I've been fiddling around with the therapy idea. I did try it, stopped going to sessions. Dad thinks I don't need it, of course (ignorance). But now its come to the fact that I want it...Some sort of professional to listen and actually know what to do.

    The idea of Borderline Personality Disorder bounced around as well, so a little while ago I went to my friends parents, one being a psychologist. I took a test, and he said I did fit right into the diagnosis, and that I should try to get into DBT as soon as I can, but I need a guardian's permission. This is where I am kind of twiddling my thumbs. My dad is noticing my downfall a bit, sure he tries to concern, but he is more focused on the new family. Part of me wants to try something REALLY stupid and then go to him. But I know its too drastic. I met someone, someone who MAKES me want to stick around. He is my sanity, and I don't want to leave him..but I know if I don't buckle down fast I am going to abandon him. (If he is reading this then he knows who he is :D)

    I do like the fact I fit into a category...I mean I figured a few months ago its what I had..but I just have more prove now. It explains my outbursts, how fragile I am. My lack of a exact reality... How I can love someone to death then want them dead in the course of a week.

    I guess my question is, how can I get this help without my dad signing off? Isn't there something I can do...even without my dad knowing would be better. Mom is out of the question, she doesn't care enough to lift her pinky at the thought (no exaggeration)

    Most people are adults here, so maybe they know more, but if ANYONE has ANY idea, please post it. I just need some ideas. As much as I push people away..I want the help now. Wow this is a long rant..Hehe.
  2. ASkylitDrive

    ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

  3. WildCherry

    WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

    This reply is kinda pointless, but I wanted you to know I read your post. I don't know the answer or have any suggestions, but I didn't want you to think your post was overlooked, and hopefully someone else will be able to give you some advice.
  4. ASkylitDrive

    ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

    Hehe. Thanks Allison <3 I know people are out there...lurking.... >.>
  5. ASkylitDrive

    ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

    Orrr not.
  6. Domo

    Domo Well-Known Member

    Shelbi, this makes me so incredibly happy. You have no idea. I am soooooo proud of you sweetheart.

    I know that your school cousellors can't help you without your dad's permission, but would they not be able to provide information like this to you? Or be able to suggest resources?

    Perhaps there is a helpline in your state you could call as well to get additional information.

    Once again, it makes me really happy to see you step up and want to make change.
  7. KittyGirl

    KittyGirl Well-Known Member

    If you're going to school, you can express your concern to a counselor > and they can pretty much make your parents give their permission.

    A kid that I went to school with had a couple of idiots for parents... they didn't want him to see a psych doctor even though he was obviously schizophrenic. He went to the school counselor as a last resort to try and get some sort of help and she approached his parents, basically telling them that if they didn't give their permission for him to see a psych doctor and get testing done- they would be reported to children's aid for being negligent.
    They gave him permission finally, he saw the doctor and was put on meds immediately after.

    I think it might work for you if you're really wanting help.
  8. cownes

    cownes Well-Known Member

    could ur mom sign the papers so u can go and get it as it is a gurdians signature, but she doesnt have to be actively involved in it in any way shape or form, can you speak to your frineds parents? and see if they have an suggestions on how to like play the system etc, so that u can get the support you need, or can u fool your dad into signing it in any way, or can you try to explain to him that u need some help and it can all be sorted if he does one little thing etc, there the only things i can think of at the momment :hug:
  9. ASkylitDrive

    ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

    Domo- Thanks..I actually was thinking of you today and had this epiphany. I might..but I'm scared of my own voice sometimes.

    Kitty-Thats what I did first, I went to a teacher and she took me to the counselor. She called my dad to come pick me up, but my dad said he couldn't talk to her. We went into the car and 'dicussed' things. I showed him my arm and he said it was just hormones.

    Cownes-Signing is out of the option sadly, mom doesn't want ANYTHING to do with me at all. She wont even offer child support..and I can't fool my dad he spends ten hours reading stuff before signing.
  10. Domo

    Domo Well-Known Member

    Yah and i won't lie, this all is very scary. Hell even i get scared still. But you just have to do your best to keep your eye on the prize, so to speak.

    I look at it like, sure, being in therapy and talking etc is uncomfortable, but living my life like thiis 10 times worse.

    I think your first step should be going back to the school for help. Like KittyGirl said, they can't really not do anything.
  11. ASkylitDrive

    ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

    I can try..I'll write a note to the counselor.
  12. Domo

    Domo Well-Known Member

    Yes, that's a good idea. As long as we are moving forward, then we are doing good :)
  13. ASkylitDrive

    ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

    Heh Idk..I got attacked again today...I feel like I'm going downhill.
    I'm talking to the guy I love atm..but..idk...UGH
  14. Domo

    Domo Well-Known Member

    By whom?