A bit scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

PressedIn

I've got a few things I wanna get off my chest, but I'm afraid to act on them.

Not too long ago I posted a topic asking if anyone knew of any medication to help heal scars. After getting some replies I have found myself still not acting on this. It's a bit unnerving to go into a store just for that. I'd feel awkard.

Another thing is my doctor. It's been a few months since my last visit, where the nurse, doctor and my mom all saw my cuts and they discussed it alone, since then no one has brought it up (thank god). But I'm worried that if I go back, he will want to go further into the detail as to why I have them. My reason for wanting to go is to be checked if I have BiPolar Disorder or not, hopefully I do so that I can blame something else for everything going wrong.

Both of these things are life-stopping and I'm not sure what to do. I'd hate to hear "just go, doctors can't tell anyone anyway." Yes they can when your a minor.

Porcelain

Well, you have two options...

1. Just bite the bullet and go. You want to find out a diagnosis if possible. He may or may not question you on your cuts but you can always say you'd rather not discuss it with him. He may try to refer you to a counsellor maybe....in which case you should agree to that and give it a whirl just to see if it helps. Remember, you are the patient and regardless of your age, you are the one in charge of the consultation. You are in charge of what you say.

2. Don't go. Keep hiding away and don't learn if you are bi polar or not.

It's whichever one sounds more appealing to you. Sometimes you hav eto face your fears headon to get past them. Maybe this is a time where that applies.

Forgotten_Man

Hmmm well that is true when you are a minor. So just wait until you are a Major :laugh:

No seriously I do not know I want scars so I try to make them. As far as your doctor is concerned. Hmmm well I do not know what to say. You can always just be silent if the topic comes up. No one can force you to talk.... or you can be honest just let everything out.. but htat might be dangerous. Just be patient is my advice. If there is scar reduction meds out there they probably take a while. So just let them take a while then...

Well, you have two options...

1. Just bite the bullet and go. You want to find out a diagnosis if possible. He may or may not question you on your cuts but you can always say you'd rather not discuss it with him. He may try to refer you to a counsellor maybe....in which case you should agree to that and give it a whirl just to see if it helps. Remember, you are the patient and regardless of your age, you are the one in charge of the consultation. You are in charge of what you say.

2. Don't go. Keep hiding away and don't learn if you are bi polar or not.

It's whichever one sounds more appealing to you. Sometimes you hav eto face your fears headon to get past them. Maybe this is a time where that applies.

I'd agree with Porcelain :)

It's up to you, but as she says, maybe now, it's a time to face your fears head on? :) :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00