A can of worms

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by jefca, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jefca

jefca Antiquities Friend

Joining this site has been like opening a can of worms.
    On Saturday I took myself off to a hotel for the weekend as I couldn't bear to be in the house alone (husband away). On the way I drove to a petrol station bought four bags of family sized Walkers crisps, two huge bottles of smoothies and a box of Jaffa cakes.
    Once hidden away in my hotel room (after having put it off by a visit to a church of all things) I scoffed the lot, skipped dinner, and then slept for 14 hours.
    I tend to make a secret supermarket or petrol station visit whenever I'm left alone for a few days.
    Am I just greedy, undisciplined, or could this be linked to my issues?
  2. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

I'd guess it is linked to the issues that you suggest?

:hug: I used to be a regular at my supermarket, just as it closes. All the students would come out then too as everything would be cheap and it'd be b/p b/p all round the clock a few years ago.

Maybe joining this site makes you think about feelings and they are uncomfortable to think about?

You aren't greedy or undisciplined. To me it sounds like a very secretive kind of ritual thing.
  3. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

It sounds like you could be bulimic. Or suffer from the ED binge-eating. You need help and I think that you should either see your GP or look for a private therapist.

Maybe next time you are alone or no that you are going to be alone you should try and plan something into your day. If you are driving do not stop at a supermarket or petrol station unless you need petrol or actually need food for the week (a weekly shop). When it comes to buying a weekly shop either get your husband to do it or write a list and stick to it do not buy anything that is not on the list. For the petrol go straight to the counter without picking anything up. If you can't do that then buy some coke and try and drink it as quicky as possible and it will give you a full feeling of having eaten.

Take care. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.