A certain phrase

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Mightbehere, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

There's a certain phrase that a member posted here when he got hate mail, when I read it it kind of stuck with me...I've actually been using it as a motivator to get going and when I have had success. Well the phrase is highly abusive so I don't wish to type it here but this negative thing that applied to someone else seems to be actually motivating me..although I'd never actually use such a highly offensive phrase on someone.

2. Mightbehere

Well no, I'll post the phrase and if people don't want to hear it don't scroll down:

DO IT ******! (I'm not gay, its just when my anxiety gets real bad I seem to calm down when I think that.):dry:

3. Raphael1

Raphael1 Well-Known Member

The reason that works is because after you are put in such a position by that insult. All shame is basically depleted in advance and there is no chance of any extra shame after that degrading assumption. Therefore the prime subconscious fear that stops you doing is depleted in advance. So that saying serves 2 purposes. One it implies you are being cowardly which makes you want to rebel against that and at the same time it's an order to do something which compels action. Second it insults you and makes you realize with or without doing it, you have being called a ****** anyway. This leaves room for improvement.

This is a very smart technique against Social Anxiety. Not a cure in itself but definitely a tool to be taken advantage of.
    Not trying to be funny but I guess you could also use other sayings such as:
    "Scumbag do it now your useless".
    "Moron, quit wasting time now or never"
    "Idiot, you can't avoid this complete it now"
    "You bastard/bitch have no right not to do this"

(along similar lines there)

But to balance it out, after you complete it, I would reward yourself with a good statement. Such as:
    "Man your more awesome than I gave you credit for, can you do it again?"

Using this kind of self talk can definitely get you places and it does have power when you use it in the correct way with firm conviction.

One suggestion if you say Do it ******, make sure you do it. You don't want to dig yourself into a deeper hole. If you fail to complete it after calling yourself a ****** this presents another problem to solve.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2008
  4. jam1e

jam1e Guest

:sleep:

Joke!!! :rofl:

5. Mightbehere

I get what your saying Raphael1

6. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.