A chink of light

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Lizzieni, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizzieni

Lizzieni Well-Known Member

I've been extremely suicidal for the last week. I have severe clinical depression, take meds and have talking therapy, but a knock last week sent my recovery spiralling into the Black pit again.
    I felt I could never get better, could never make the effort to get better and was hopeless.
    Unbelievably a tiny bit of hope, of light came from a TV car advert!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnwsAr8eBQA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

this isn't the answer but it shows in a lighthearted way that there is hope - because the future is unknown.

Hope it makes some of you smile a little bit.x

2. Cute_Angel_Xx

Cute_Angel_Xx Account Closed

Aww :hug:
    Just wanted to say :welcome: to SF!It's good to here you found something positive that enlightened your day with hope and blessings and made you smile. :hug: x

3. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

I hate adverts - but if it cheers you up then its a good thing. I viewed it also - and its a good message. Thing is the car company is trying to use this to slip the idea into your mind that THAT brand of car will add up to happiness.

Hell, I'm thinking about how I might be better with a bigger car and I don't even the drive the bloody things!

Anyhow, the message that life has a lot of possibilities is a positive one.

You are correct in that the future IS unknown. This makes people who are depressed see all the possible bad things only! Or worse, we become seers into the future - Nostradamus on Prozac seeing OUR future as a series of fail, fail and yet more more fails.

Sometimes we can be idiots as well as depressed. But, don't worry, even Einstein put his trousers on back to front or wondered how to cook lettuce or something.

Funny thing is Lizzieni, we can have a moment of revelation ANYWHERE. Some look at the clouds, some read a book and others watch a car advert and something already known comes to the surface of our conciousness.

Keep in tune with that significant truism - you've stumbled upon a truth that can be used as a shield the next time you feel any blues of significance. Repeat it like a Mantra - 'good things will happen also'.

Hope things go great for you this year.

I'm sure they will!

4. Gemini1313

Gemini1313 Member

i really do apologize im not in the mood for the warm fuzzies but i think its understandable here.

BUT am i the only one who thinks that could almost work as a Tim Burton movie trailer?? :blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.