A collection of my opinions on different topics

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by DarkAge, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkAge

DarkAge Member

Warning, this thread may be triggering and controversial, if you continue reading, try to read it with an open mind.​

[About me] I am 19 years old and in those years I have been questioning reality. I have been through a lot and still go through a lot however I have also come to understand a lot. My father was an alcoholic who abused my mom in front of me. They divorced when I was about 11, however the problems did not stop there. My school marks went downhill, and my behavior changed. My mom is a lazy person, and I believe that she could of done much more for me if she wasn't so lazy. From the schools she chose, to the environment she created at home, she constantly did harm to me on a psychological level, even if she did not know it. I used to hide my emotions, my true feelings, and in a way, I became a very good actor. However even though I have never seen a psychologist, I am sure that over the years I created multiple personalities, a term the scientists call Dissociative identity disorder and have also acquired Schizophrenia. However I began enduring my problems, and I began feeling normal that I liked isolation, and that I thought in a different way. I also forgave my father and mother for my childhood, for if it wasn't what I've been through, I would not be the person I am today. And even though I've been through hell, I am thankful for it. If I had the chance to change my past, I would leave it as it was. [/About me]

This thread is my attempt to give insight into many different topics, like God, Religion, Human Behaviors etc. These are my opinions which I have developed over years of observation. If you feel offended by my statements, you are not reading them with an open mind. By this I mean your opinions are conflicting with mine, however they are just opinions, you can either choose to learn something from them, or ignore them. However ignorance is humanity's greatest challenge.

You are free to comment and debate and suggest new topics I could add. Please note that I constantly keep updating my beliefs, therefore what I write at a certain time is by no means my final opinion, and by no means 'complete'. I would also like to mention that language is a problem these days, and everyone interprets it differently. My explanation can not be concrete, they are merely a concept for you to understand the details by yourself.

==================================================​

God

I was born and baptized as a catholic christian. My father was an alcoholic and constantly abused my mother in front of me. Every night I used to run outside away from the screaming, and kept on crying out "please God, make it stop". After countless 'prayers', I noticed no changes, and I gave up on believing this entity called God. From then on I used to curse God, I used to swear at him and hate him for how he did not want to help me. From 7 till I was about 15 I was an atheist. During this time I noticed the conflict I had with people who believed in God and a lot of hatred was thrown around and some insisted on trying to convert me. There was also a point where I received a bible, but after reading the first few pages I saw nonsense and did not continue. Later, I began to understand that everyone is entitled to their beliefs and that no one should be told what is right to believe in, and what is wrong.

From 16 I dropped my 'attacks' on God and decided to not have a religion and just not to believe in God. Whenever people asked me are you a Christian, do you believe in God, I answered no, I do not believe in God. They responded with something that continuously angered me, "Ah so you're an atheist". People assumed that if you did not believe in God you were an atheist, however my idea of "atheism" was someone 'attacking' religion and I did not like that. I was not trying to attack anyone's beliefs, I just did not have a religion or a belief in God.

From 13 I constantly had a vague interest in Energy, and by 18 I adopted it as my belief for all of creation. I used to say I do not believe in God and I do not have a religion, however I do believe in Energy. Briefly, Energy is what you would find if you had a strong enough microscope. It is what particles are made of, and in turn, what atoms and molecules are made of. However when I just turned 19 I was confronted with another question.

I was asked if I believed in God, I answered no. Then I was asked what I believed in, I said Energy, and that everything was made from Energy. Then that person said, yes, but what do you think created that energy? I did not have an answer. A few months ago I found my answer. I finally understood what God Is.

God is realized through one's self, not through religion, for religion is based on the opinion of one, accompanied by the opinion of others, until a universal opinion that is suitable for all to believe in is established.​

By the above statement I can not be a part of any religion, for the truth lies in all the religions.

I do not deny the existence of God, I deny the existence of a God.

Ok, so now you may be asking yourself, what is God? From a scientific point of view I will say, It is something that created the everything. That 'something' is for you to realize yourself, not through religion. From a literal point of view, God is everything. If you want to understand God remove the current ideas that have been given to you and start from fresh. Start understanding God, by your own ideas.

Suffering is a part of God. There is always a balance. Instead of cursing God when you suffer, try to question yourself as to why you are suffering and what could God possibly try to tell you through the suffering. It seems crazy, but if you did not suffer you would not begin to ask the questions you ask when you suffer. There is no such thing as coincidence, everything has a reason.

The suffering we see, that does not seem to change by praying to a God, is the suffering caused by not realizing what God Is.

God has been on Earth in Human form many times now, yet humanity does not see this, because their idea of what a god is, is not the same as what God Is. What do humans expect God to look like, the things he should do if he were around us... The majority of us expect miracles and with the swipe of a hand the sick are restored to health etc etc... that is why when God does come in human form... no one believes it is God because that human does not prove himself to be God by doing miracles. It is our ignorance that blinds us from what God truly is.

=================================​

Religion

The reason at one point I became an atheist, is actually because of religion. Religion preaches an idea to you, if you believe in that idea blindly, you follow blindly not even knowing why you do certain things that the religion asks you to do. If you question that idea, it might not make much sense and the majority deny the existence of God in general just because you were given an idea of what God is and did not believe in that idea. You do not need religion to understand God. As an example, Christianity has been so distorted that the majority of Christians believe in a single entity with miraculous powers. Therefore they imagine God as one 'person' who judges all humans and has miraculous powers. The person who does not believe in this is actually right, however they are wrong when they deny the existence of God.

A few days ago I told my Christian friend that I finally understood God. And even though I tried to tell her the truth, she fought with me. She asked what god would that be, God, Allah, Yahweh? I told her I cannot give her a name, for all of those names are correct. I asked her if she read the Kuran, she replied no, I asked why not? She told me as a Christian she believed that other religions worship idols, and God does not allow that. Yet she has never actually researched on other religions, so how could she believe that they worship idols without finding out herself. The Kuran states that you are not allowed to worship idols, and that you are not allowed to believe in any deities except the one true God, Allah, or Supreme Being, etc. I asked her, can you not see the contradiction in your religion. She told me lets agree to disagree. While I am not going to force my beliefs onto anyone, it is sad how ignorant humans are.

All religions are corrupt. One way or another, they have been altered and the books the religions carry have been altered. The books themselves have also been written in a way that only the open minded will receive the message. The bible, the kuran etc they are all written in code. There is truth hidden in them, however whether you find that truth will depend on how you read the books. If you read them literally, you are reading them wrong.

As an example, in the bible, God created Earth in 7 days. According to science this does not make sense. I like to read it as 7 cycles (1 cycle being a certain number of years). If I read it this way, then the bible fits in with science.
    [Literal] On the first day God said let there be light and there was light.
    [Interpretation] In the first cycle, God created some kind of light source. According to science, our Sun was the first thing formed in our solar system.
    [Literal] On the second day God said let there be water and there was an ocean of water.
    [Interpretation] In the second cycle, God filled Earth with water. According to science, over thousands of years, our young Earth was bombarded with asteroids. In those asteroids were bits of saturated water. Over thousands of years it began creating oceans. Kind of like having rain for days and you begin to have floods.

This was just an example at how things can be interpreted and the bible is one of the most misinterpreted texts.

Seek truth and you shall find it, but believe in what is said to be the truth and you will be blinded.

I believe as far as religion goes, it was meant to aid in realizing God. However its true sacred purpose has been corrupted. All religions hold the truth, if you believe in one religion holding all the answers or being the true religion, you are off track. I do not believe in having a religion for religion is a dangerous tool, and if used incorrectly it can do more harm than good.

[Malachi 2:8] But now you priests have turned away from the right path. Your teaching has led many to do wrong.

If you want to understand God, look into all religions, look everywhere and in everything, because God is everything. We are being separated and blinded, think of all the different religions and the disagreement between what God Is.

[Malachi 1:10] Oh, that one of you would shut the temple doors, so that you would not light useless fires on my altar!

The ultimate truth lies in everything​

=============================​

This thread is open to opinions and debate, in fact I actually encourage it. I will post more topics soon, and would love to hear from you what you would like for me to talk about.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2012
  2. DarkAge

DarkAge Member

Human Behavior

We are not born with a certain type of behavior. Behavior is learned. We are not born racist, religious, loving, hateful or intelligent. The only thing genetics plays on the human being are the physical characteristics one gains from their parents. Eye color, hair color, skin color, height, etc, but not behavior.

From when we are born, our environment determines the behavior and beliefs we will adapt. If you are born into a strict Christian family, chances are your religion will be Christianity. If your parents constantly say how superior a certain race is over another that is what you will grow up to believe. If someone verbally abuses another person, and no one stops them, then you grow up believing that that is ok.

Metaphorically our childhood is our foundation. Not everyone has a solid, happy one, and therefore it is up to you to either reinforce that foundation and build skyscrapers, or leave it, and watch your building collapse like a house of cards. Not many have the will to continue rebuilding it and watching it fall every time, and that's when you tend to give up on life. Instead of giving up, you need to realize that the foundation is the problem, it is pointless, even insane, to rebuild with a poor foundation for it will continue to collapse. According to Einstein insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I have lived in South Africa most of my 19 years, and a big issue here is racism. However, what I have noticed is that the current generation is not as racist as the previous. That is because the previous generation went through Apartheid, the separation of races. The previous black generation grew up being oppressed by the previous white generation. To this day most are still struggling to overcome the racism. However the new generation is no longer as racist as the previous, because, we grew up together. I see everyday a black, Indian and white child playing together, whereas in the past there was an unfair separation. I personally have many black friends, Indian friends, and when I look at them I do not see their skin color, I see their personality. Another problem is that people assume blacks are more stupid than whites. This is not a matter of race, but a matter of education, and during Apartheid the level of education provided depended on your skin color. If you raised a white person with the same education and environment the blacks were raised in, that person wouldn't be any smarter.

Moving on, there is no such thing as beauty. No one is beautiful and no one is ugly. Beauty is defined by society. If we were all born with grey skin, white spots and horns sticking out of our head... we would all be beautiful. How do you differentiate between what is beautiful and what is ugly? Before you answer that, know that your answer has already been manipulated. The general idea these days, is that the less 'impurities' you have on your body or face, the less acne, not being too thin or fat and having a good physique is what is considered beautiful. However it is because you were raised in this environment. You see adverts everywhere for make up and ads which contain only the people with less impurities on their skin. I have heard and seen millions of people saying to their gf's, bf's, wives, husbands etc how beautiful they were, and the majority of those people were not 'beautiful' according to societies standards. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, meaning that different people will find different things beautiful, and you should not change yourself to fit in with what the majority wants. Be yourself, be unique.

The same principle can be applied to fashion, hundred years ago we all wore wigs, now if you wear a wig you are thought of differently. Ugliness is defined when one looks different from a societies standards of beauty. If you were born in a village, the majority of woman do not cover their breasts, and men only wear something around their private parts, however if you were to dress like that in a city, not only would you be looked upon as a freak, you would also be arrested for 'public indecency'. Therefore for those of you who are worried about your looks, don't be, for this is just giving in to societies standards.

Personally, I used to not judge people by looks, but by personality and a person's actions, however now, I do not judge at all. Rather I analyze, for even a person's actions have reasons behind them that you might misjudge. As an example a person might hurt you by saying how ugly you are, but you might not know how that person was told the same thing for 10 years.

Ultimately, the person you become will depend on you. You can choose to believe that beauty is being thin, and then have low self-esteem when everyone calls you fat, OR, you can choose to ignore those people and be smarter than them, and eventually find a person who does not care what you look like, and who loves you for being you. Yes you might try to use make up to be prettier, loose weight so more people like you, however, if that person likes you for your looks and not you being you, I guarantee you they will leave you for someone 'better' looking.

Next time ignore the people that make you feel bad about yourself, and find the ones who make you feel good, no matter how you look or what you do. Do not let the negativity of others dictate your life, rather let the people who make you feel positive, flourish your life. And if you do not find those people, then it is up to you to think positive during negative times. It is like a battle, who wins and takes over your life is up to you.

To open your mind is to close off your ignorance.​

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2012
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Interesting topics and ideas.

4. DarkAge

DarkAge Member

Either I am hallucinating, or the Edit button has disappeared from my posts.

Edit: This post has the edit button... hmm... are we not able to edit our posts after someone has replied to them?

5. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

You can only edit posts for a limited time. But you don't have to keep editing this, just keep posting more stuff in the thread.

6. DarkAge

DarkAge Member

Its not a problem, just a nuisance. I am used to a lot of editing on forums to make it simpler for others to read, and I often edit it over days and months, making tiny changes here and there.

Since I will have to post instead of editing, I will later request an edit of my first post where I will change it to give a list of topics and links to the direct post, making it easier to navigate if the thread goes over 1 page.

I have also just requested my second post to be edited to fill it with a new topic, Human Behavior. So come back to read that part as well :p

7. bearclaw27

bearclaw27 Member

I truly look forward to seeing you again...your discussion with adam has helped lift us both.....Adam is a great soul who is struggling because of the mess of meds he is on.....please, if u can, offer him your wisdom whenever possible.... namaste

8. DarkAge

DarkAge Member

I am glad that I have been of at least some help. :) I will try my best to help, however change can only happen if the person is willing for change. In the end, it is up to the person to fix his/her life. I cannot help fix the problems, I can only help realize why there are these problems.

I am just a helping hand, what the hand offers is true, but whether you like it or not, whether you take the hand or leave it, it is a choice you decide to make.

9. BobWV

BobWV Member

What about Politics?

10. DarkAge

DarkAge Member

Politics/Money/Society

Politics is brainwash. None of our problems can be solved through politics.

All politics is immersed in corruption. Therefore no matter who you elect, our problems will remain. Politics are there to keep control over people. To keep businesses alive. Politics is just a cover up for our real problems. All the problems we see today are because of money. If you take any of today's problems, and dig deep enough, you will find money at the core of it.

I could go on to write three new separate topics, however I believe it will be much simpler just to give you links to some documentaries you can watch which would not only describe the situation more clearly but also help you understand my Human Behavior topic.

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/ - Documentaries/Films by Peter Joseph

ZEITGEIST: THE MOVIE (2007)
    ZEITGEIST: ADDENDUM (2008)
    ZEITGEIST: MOVING FORWARD (2011)

Note however, that even though I believe these films are very informative, somehow I am weary of the way it is presented. You should not jump to conclusions just from a couple of videos. A good video to watch after you have seen the Zeitgeist films would be The New Age Infiltration of the Truth Movement (Final Cut).

I also believe Jacque Fresco would better describe the situation humanity is in.

http://www.thevenusproject.com - Documentaries/Films by Jacque Fresco

Welcome to the Future (1998)
    Paradise or Oblivion (2012)

Note: I suggest you watch all of these in their orders. Yes it will take some time, however it is time spent wisely. These videos will help you understand what is happening with our world, and you will learn a lot from them.

11. DarkAge

DarkAge Member

Universal Love

To the universe. The illusion that sustains reality.

Everything is God and God is everything.​

We are all consciousness. We are living a dream in order to experience our own creation. Everyone of us is a mirror of our self. Your consciousness is an individualization of the greater consciousness.

Matter is consciousness, the ground, the plants, the animals, the humans. We are all the same being. Humans are the only ones capable of realizing this in the evolution of species. A rock is conscious of it's self as being a rock. An animal is more conscious of it's self as being an animal as it is capable of experiencing more than a rock is able to in the physical world. Humans are the finest creation, we are at the top of the evolutionary scale and we are able to realize our self.

Beyond the physical world is the subtle world. The subtle world is energy. This is what you would find if you zoom into the core of molecules, atoms, etc. From the subtle world, our physical world is created.

Beyond the subtle world, is the mental world. This is where our thoughts and emotions arise.

All three of these worlds are separate but they work through each other. Let's take the human as an example. The human consists of the physical body, the subtle body, the mental body and the soul. The individualization of the self is the soul. Our body works from the soul to the physical. The mental body creates our thoughts, these thoughts affect the subtle energy, and the subtle energy creates the physical.

Thought arises -> Alters vibration of energy -> a different vibration of energy means the properties of the atom change. This creates a new electrical signal in the brain which is now part of the physical world, which in turn creates things like movement and chemical productions in the body.

No matter on what scale you look on, we are one. Let's start with energy, the entire universe is made of energy. Energy vibrates to create particles, these particles have certain properties like mass and size. A particle is consciousness, it is God, but it does not realize this in the physical world. Particles link and create atoms and molecules. Molecules are more complex, they contain more properties because they are made up of multiple particles and atoms which each have different properties. Further on these molecules join to create animate matter, this is matter which is able to move in the physical world of it's own will, like plants, animals, etc. A plant is more conscious of it's self as it can now move in the physical world, but is restricted by roots in the ground, so it is not fully animate yet. Fully animate matter is able to move freely in the physical world. An animal is even more conscious of itself, as it has the freedom to explore the physical world and the brains to do so, however it still does not realize it's self. It works on instinct, eat, reproduce, survive. It is still not capable of realizing it's self, it is unable to question and to answer the reason to it's existence. A human on the other hand is fully conscious. Humans are still that energy, those particles, those atoms, however it is now capable of God-realization, realizing self. Man asks, what am I? And through experiences of the physical, subtle and mental, he ends up answering that question; I am God.

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." - Buddha

We are the creator, experiencing our own creation.

Most of us have forgotten who we are, because of experiencing the illusion called creation. Our purpose in life, is to realize who we are.

We are the creator, the great consciousness individualized into souls, in order to experience our own creation in different scenarios; to finally realize our self.​

Whether it is a particle, a human or a galaxy, we are the same thing. Just as a human is made up of energy and is alive, Earth and our Galaxy is made up of energy and is alive. A particle experiences itself, as a particle. Man which is a combination of particles experiences itself as man. Earth is a combination of particles. A combination of plants, man, water, animals, ground, etc. Earth experiences itself as Earth, we are a part of Earth, therefore when we think with fear and negativity, our Earth changes with us, and we have more natural disasters occurring. A galaxy is made up of planets and stars. Which include all the tiny details. Galaxy, sun, planet, man, animal, plant, ground, molecules, atoms, particles, energy. We are one.

"In oneself lies the whole world and if you know how to look and learn, the door is there and the key is in your hand. Nobody on earth can give you either the key or the door to open, except yourself." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Since the 21st of December 2012, we have entered the 13th baktuun according to the mayan calender. This is the beginning of a new phase of life. As an individual we create our own world, as a collective we create our world. Our collective consciousness is changing, our old systems and methods are outdated and we are creating a new world, in a new age. At the core, it is a transition from fear, to love.

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed." - Buddha

"What is needed, rather than running away or controlling or suppressing or any other resistance, is understanding fear; that means, watch it, learn about it, come directly into contact with it. We are to learn about fear, not how to escape from it." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Love is the glue of all creation, Fear destroys that glue. Both are divine and necessary for a balance in the universe to be achieved.​

Energy when not vibrating is nothing. There is no universe. The higher the vibrations the more complex our universe becomes. That is why love is at the core of creation. Love has a higher frequency, love creates. Fear has a lower frequency, fear destroys. The more fear, the lower the vibrations, less complexity, more destruction. Destruction is the removal of complexity.

We are in a new age, an age in which we begin to realize our true nature and become one with it. As we move from Fear to Love, we will see our world change before our eyes.

I thank the ancient one for always aiding the universe and to the perfect masters of their time who continuously guide us. The ancient one has come down to Earth every 700-1400 years. In the past this role has been fulfilled by Zoroaster, Rama, Krishna, Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad and Meher Baba. All religions hold the truth, there is no need to fight one another as to who is right, for all is right.

"I have not come to establish any cult, society or organization; nor even to establish a new religion. The religion that I shall give teaches the Knowledge of the One behind the many. The book that I shall make people read is the book of the heart that holds the key to the mystery of life. I shall bring about a happy blending of the head and the heart. I shall revitalize all religions and cults, and bring them together like beads on one string."
    - Meher Baba, 'God Speaks'

"Each one of them is Jesus in disguise." - Mother Teresa

Jesus was simply a God-realized man, helping others realize just that. It is up to the perfect masters of their time, to help others realize our self. The ancient one, is the first perfect master, the one who comes back down to Earth every 700-1400 years to aid the universe's journey to godhood. He came back in different forms, names and places. Jesus, Buddha, Muhammad, is the same being. He is the ancient one, he is the Avatar of the ages.

"I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong." - John Lennon

The time you have all been praying for, the time for the promised land, is now, and it is up to us to create our second garden of Eden.

"The means by which we live have outdistanced the ends for which we live. Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."
    "Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love."
    "I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant."
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed."
    - Jiddu Krishnamurti

"The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question: "Is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."
    - Bill Hicks

"We must become the change we want to see in the world"
    - Ghandi

Change in the universe is based on Fear and Love. In the past we had a garden of Eden in the golden age of love. We industrialized in the dark age of fear. We have now moved into the age of love once again. Our new garden of Eden is being built by each individual's transition from fear to love, it is being built by our collective consciousness.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2012
  12. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Love love love what you have written. Thank you so much. I feel much less alone at sf having read your words. Very insightful for a 19 year old !!! I share so many of the same thoughts as you re the larger view of life. I am not DID ( as you said you are) but highly dissociative. Just another similarity.... sort of. My father was not mean. But my mother made up for that. You sound like a strong and good person. Thank you for writing about your story. and about your views thoughts beliefs and understandings.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2012
  13. DarkAge

DarkAge Member

I am glad this thread is of use :) I hope one day there will be no need for a suicide forum.

For those of you who want a bit more comfort and motivation to accompany my previous post, I have stumbled upon a documentary which is worth the watch.

2012 Crossing Over, A New Beginning OFFICIAL FILM [Brave Archer FilmsĀ®]

If anyone is interested I have a blog I started a couple of months ago. I will always write what I feel there, and it is not subjected to rules like on forums. It is also the only place that links me to the world. As my work on SF is done, I will not be writing anything new.

With love, to all.
    Igor

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2012
  14. Crimson Tears

Crimson Tears Active Member

That's some great info,

Politics/Money/Society = brainwash is one way of putting it, I prefer to look at it as a way of transferring wealth from one set of people to another without anyone noticing.

I don't think i saw any posts on Wars, Police States, Health or the Health System. Are they coming soon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.