A cry for help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by thannis, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thannis

thannis Active Member

2. Mr.Smiles

Mr.Smiles Member

I seriously just cried at work after reading that. That is amazing... thanks for posting, I really needed that right now.

3. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

(how come I never find anything useful on 9gag??)
    I like that poster, it's so true. And there are owls on it, I love owls :3 thank you for posting the link here thannis!

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I like it :) Thanks for sharing!

5. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

omg that is so true.. and so to the heart of the matter.. fighting back tears atm.. but the good kind, instead of the bad kind.. great post

6. Adam

Adam SF Supporter

I have to agree that is amazing, I actually spammed it every where for a bit. I now know about Boggle the owl. Awesome, cheers for this.

7. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

"I don't like the phrase, 'a cry for help,'"...on the poster in question. I can agree with that, at a basic level.

I still don't know that posters in therapists' anterooms save too many lives. Don't get me wrong--therapists can be helpful, and perhaps intervene if a client calls them on the phone or something. But they aren't usually there when the life vs. death branch point occurs. Being actively suicidal means being disorganized, so it's the police, paramedics, and ER personnel who have to intervene first. The therapy, if any, comes later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.