a danger to myself

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by _Lily_, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

Am a danger to myself ...but my husband is here with me ...so i cant really do anything ....but i want to ...i cut earlier while my husband was out should of done something a lot worse ....
    My mother is here also and i have a pretend that am ok because she says that me being ill is attention seeking.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Your mother doesn't understand that all she has never been in your shoes has she hugs to you
  3. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Right your Mother doesn't understand what you're going through. You should try to explain to her maybe she can help you or try to understand better.
  4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

there's no way you would want to feel like this ...I hope you can convince your Mum it's not attention seeking...
    she needs to take you seriously..
    please stay safe..
  5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

If you are a danger to yourself, please speak to a doctor or therapist...I am sure there will be a time when you are alone, and I hope you stay safe...when you are comfortable, please tell us what is going on for you...we are here to support you and I am sure there are so many ppl here who can relate to what you are going through...J
  6. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

If yoru an immediate danger go to teh emergency room and talk to someone, and be honest with them when you go. Try stay around your husband and yoru mother, most parents react that way, as they dont want to admit they cant help or that there is something wrong with their child.
    Does your husband know how your feeling right now?
    Have you a counsellor or therapist you can go to?
  7. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

How come your mum is there, is it because you are ill and she is keeping an eye on you? I have found that I hide everything from my family as they are of the attention seeking believers.

Have you got any support outside your family? Is there anyone you can call and speak to?

8. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

yep people that have never felt it could never understand.

Please reach out for help if your in danger, dont let this take over you, make you a differant person, fight it, get angry with it, tell it you dont deserve it (you dont) and tell it to back off that your not going to think that way anymore, bc its just not a good way to think, that its not a natural thing to take your life.

That you need to be here for your family.

Hope today has been better.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.