A decision

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Skywing, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Skywing

Skywing New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new in the forums and this is my first post, hopefully not the last too :) I'm a bit shy, so I'm not going to say my name, I'm from Portugal and I'm a 15-yo male and I think I may be gay... I think it hit me when I was watching TV and saw 3 shirtless guys :rolleyes: about 2 years ago. I'm not even considering "coming out" because of my family and because I'm already myself and I like the way I am, I act the same way with everyone, the only thing that they don't know is that... I like guys :tongue:, everything else is the same. I never had a girlfriend, maybe 2 girls that had a cruch (I don't know if that's the right way to write it =P) and neither I had a boyfriend. So the thing is, I began highschool, AND IM LOVING IT! New people to meet, new guys that I can look in the corner of the eye :rolleyes: . There's a guy in my class that I think he might be gay, maybe I'm stereotyping or maybe I'm right, but he's really cool, sometimes he doesn't stop looking at me, and I like it :shy:, this situation made me think alot in these last days, because I want someone to talk with about this! One of my bestfriends is a girl, I can trust her, but I don't know if I should "come out" to her, it wouldn't change our friendship that much. I really want to get to know better this guy in my class, have someone to talk about it , but if he doesn't like me or he isn't gay, all that would be pointless, and I know that I shouldn't care about what other people think, but having the whole school staring at you would be a bit awkard, don't you think? Oh well, I think I didn't make any sense at all, but I would like to see what you think about this situation :)

- Skywing
  2. Fatman1966

Fatman1966 Antiquitie's Friend

At your age, it can be a confusing time, lots of young men have, relationships with other young men in their teen years, some are gay, some are not, its just a part of growing up.

If you like this other guy and he likes you, then there is nothing wrong with exploring that side of things togther, if thats what you both want, in the coming years, you will find out if you are gay, straight or bisexual, so I would hold off with the coming out, untill you are sure either way, things might change like I said, in a couple of years, you'll know.

If you become friends first with this other guy, that wouldn't be a bad idea, then see where things go after that, if he turns out to be a real friend, then you'll still be able to talk to him about things, even if it turns out his not gay, try not to rush into things too much, sometimes its easy to see what you want to see, not what is really in front of you.

I'm sure once you and he get to know each other as friends, it'll become clear fairly quickly if you both feel the same way

Way back when I was your age, I had "relationships" with other guys, I turned out be gay, but most of them didn't, its not a big deal really or at least shouldn't be, when you are ready to tell everyone about your sexuality you will or like me you might only tell people that you want to know, people that you care about.

There is no reason why things need to change right now, do what you think is right for you, what makes you happy, try not to make things harder for yourself right now, go with your heart and see where that takes you, if you want to come out then make sure you are doing it because it will make you happy, not because you think you might be gay.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2007