A depressing thought...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by resistance, Jun 4, 2007.

1. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I have been here since September '04 and I don't think I have made one strong friendship, other than Callum (Nuri) obviously. I mean, of course I care for other people on here, I care deeply but in return? I don't know :( I suck. I struggle making friendships and keeping them online and I suck in real life too. I think it's safe to say now I have no friends in real life (again, other than Callum who I see at wknds and I am honestly grateful for and I love dearly). The one person I thought was a friend proved she didn't care for me a week ago. I just feel sad right now. Feel like a bit of a loser. I see people on here who have only been here for 2 months, if that, and they have so many friends and people who feel the same way for them too and me, well, I don't feel it. :( Outcast in real life and an outcast online too. I suck.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2007
  2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

That post may have come across as unappreciative of Callum but I'm not at all, I know I'm lucky to have him in my life and I do love him and I know he's there for me. I'm just feeling sad I haven't been able to make any more strong friendships here in the last 2 and a half years, not only on SF but anywhere online, and also offline. Anyway, I just wanted to clarify. I'm not expecting a reply, am just feeling a bit sad with myself and wanted to let it out.
  3. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

* hugs Res * I'm a friend of yours :D

You're a great person, who's always there for everyone and tries to be strong, even when you're feeling weak :hug:

Hang in there Rezzy, and I'm always here if you want a chat :)
  4. Sakura

Sakura Well-Known Member

Well you are going to get a reply, and I'm more than happy to give one :hug:

I want you to know that ever since I came to SF, I have held you and all of the Mods and Admins in highest regard. Being an Admin of a forum myself, I know how truly hard it can be to run one. But it can also be amazingly rewarding ^^

And ever since I came here, I've seen how hard you try to help everyone who needs it out. You reply all over the forum to those crying out in pain and need. You're always there with a welcome hug, and a kind and loving word, for those who hearts are hurting and in desperate pain. You give of yourself so much, and don't ask for anything in return, other than to see everyone around you happy, and feeling cared for, and loved.

I truly admire that about you. You are a truly special, and exceptional person :hug:

And if you would like...and if it would be alright with you...I would love to be your friend :hug:

There's just one thing that you have to know about me, if you choose to accept my offer...I don't take friendships that I make lightly ^^
    Once you become my friend that's it...you're stuck with me for life! :biggrin:
    There is no letting go, or drifting away where I'm concerned...I will hunt you down, and make sure that you are alright, and that everythings is going okay for you...and I will never, ever turn my back on you...we will be friends for life :hug:

So what do you say...*holds out hand*...do you want to be friends? ^^

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2007
  5. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Thank you both, I really appreciate your nice words and Sakura I'd love to be your friend. Thanks again, hugs to both. :hug:
  6. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

I'm sorry :hug: I know I'm truely pathetic when it comes to letting people know I care :sad:
  7. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Firstly you don't suck...just because you struggle at making friendships does not mean you suck, just means you have a tough time at something.

I am very happy for you that you have someone as special as Callum in your life. He is a sweet guy and i hope you two find true happiness together.

If you ever need to talk I'm around or you can get my MSN off Callum as it's not posted here.

Stay safe hun and congrats again on you and callum
  8. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Hun, id be honoure if you would consider me as a friend (msn beretwoi@hotmail.com) :hug: it seems at times real hard to make friends, and youve spend so much time helping others on SF you are loved by many its just diffficult for many to show their feeling. Please feel free to contact or pm me anytime, and please know youre a wonderful person
    Beret xxx
  9. Will

Will Staff Alumni

I haven't seen you much Resistance...but I do know that you are a nice person.

I know that it is hard to even really fit in here and make nice friends. I thought I had a friend, a few months ago. And I was feeling a bit down, and it's like, I guess we had sorta talked alot, but...I asked if they would be sad if I died. It was like a not so nice thing to ask, but they didn't really say much. And as I left I said I wouldn't be on for awhile, and they just said okay.

Other times, it's like....I guess why should I bother?

I know where you're coming from.
  10. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it Resistance, I've been here for a while and haven't done anything at all, bothers me too but then again it doesn't since I'm a total loser anyways so it can't be helped. Haven't made any friends, connections, etc here, nobody knows who I am, nothing. Can't even make online friends let alone online ones, LOL. Just read some posts here and waste time in the Coffee Lounge mostly. Your not the loser, I am. : )
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2007