A different person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrainBart

Staff Alumni
Today I had an appoiontment (Child in Need - for my daughter) with Social worker, nursery manager and my mental health nurse. And during the meeting a lot of things were brought up, But one noticeable comment was made. The social worker took a great notice and made referrence to how much more relaxed and brighter looking than I had on previous meetings with him. (He has been involved now for 3 months roughly and the last time I had a meeting with him was a month ago now) They are continue to be involved with some more direct support now they understand what kind of problems are being faced.

And I do feel it I do notice the difference in myself, I have more confidence over this job interview tomorrow, I have more esteem in general about myself, and all it took to get me there was the right kind of (uninterrupted) support. Ok it also took me refusing access to Health worker, urgent care... and police (eventually caved and let them in) to get anywhere, but if I hadnt woul I really be in the position I am in today, meds that appear to be working with no side effects, a better feeling, and I am getting more sleep, its just win win for me at the moment.

It takes time it takes effort, but it can be achieved. I didnt think it possible, but I think I can say that I am overall feeling the most positive I have ever done in a very very long time.

Those who say that it Can't be done, look at what you are doing to benefit yourself, and if you arent doing anything to benefit yourself, look at what you have to change so that you are.

Life won't always give you what you want, but it will give you what you need.

The main person behind all of this upturn in fortunes - is you yourself.

I believe you've come a long way (albeit there's still a way to go), from the timidly shy and reservedly quiet person who first joined the chat back in early 2012...

ravens

SF Supporter
Thanks for posting this. Its nice to see success stories on here of people making progress. You should be proud of the work you put in to see some results.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
So happy for you! Keep up the great work and enjoy the results of a better quality of life an better self esteem and sense of fulfillment. Don't let the occasional temporary setback knock you down. I know how hard you have worked to get there and am so glad it is paying off now....

All it really took was unbroken support and a guiding hand. Kick up the backside when necessary (making sure not to hurt the rear though....) - but you've done exceptionally well and can show others that this illness doesn't have to ruin lives if handled in a different way to what's got you there.

FrainBart

Staff Alumni
Previously I would be greatly disheartened at the recent job rejection, but yes it made me sad, I didn't stay sad, I just saw this recent rejection as another big accomplishment, I got to the interview stage, that made me feel wonderful, and the excuse provided is they didnt think I was ready to battle past paced work as a return to work job. I've gotten there once, I sure as hell can get there again, its a minimal setback, because it would have been nice, but well, not this time :) Maybe next time.

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
v :hug:

Congratulations on going to the interview! I am not going to say 'sorry you didn't get it' because frankly that isn't the point here. The point is that you applied for jobs, got interviews, got prepared and went through the process. That is huge. And YOU did it. Don't let anyone tell you that you didn't do this on your own. You got up, you took control of your situation, and you did an amazing positive thing. You learnt that on the next wave of job apps, to go to every interview (practise makes perfect - plus how cool would it be to be able to sit and say 'I was offered four job - now to choose one..."?!) and to be really positive about how you are looking forward to a challenge (hopefully combat that 'return to work' issue).

Be proud of yourself - you didn't listen to all the media propaganda about how there are no jobs out there and you climbed out of the pit of despair (no easy feat) - nobody did that for you and nobody can take it away from you! Keep going! xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$170.00
Goal
$255.00