A different perspective ....

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by iamloz, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamloz

iamloz New Member

Hello all,

Im new to this board, and i hope you dont mind me posting in this particular forum but i felt the need to share my story....

Today is the 11month anniversary of my brothers suicide....
    Tomorrow is also his 20th birthday, one which he wont get to celebrate.

I know im not perfect but i really want anyone who is going through a tough time to know that they are more then welcome to speak to me if they need someone to talk to.

Im a normal 22 yr old Aussie chick who lost her brother and subsequently almost lost her dad to suicide not long after.

I read many of your posts and my heart aches at the thought that so many of you are going through what my brother went through.....something which i cannot comprehend feeling. i curse myself everyday that i could not save him but i feel like any chance i am given to do something helpful then i need to do it.

I guess i want to be able to give a different view on things.... i have never felt the lows my brother felt but i can explain the pain, loss and heartache which is felt during the aftermath of such a massive decision ... :(

I hope i dont sound like someone who is out to save everyone... because i am not.... i just want you all to know that although i may not know exactly how you feel, i know what life without you would be like :(

Im just putting my hand up to be a listener .... something i wish i had have done 11 months ago ...

xxx
    Loz

2. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

hi
    how are you?
    welcome to SF
    im so sorry to hear that :'(

there is many people here cos of the same reason....im so glad that you share your story with us...and please dont blame yourself...Its not your fault at all...

we all here help each other...so you welcome to share your point of view & help us...we will be so glad to here from somebody like you...and we also will be glad to listen to you too..

have anice day

3. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

It's always good to hear from somebody who has lost someone to suicide (I'm not saying that it's a good thing to do it) because it reminds us just how bad it can be for the people who have to live without their loved ones. I hope your posts help to deter people from commiting, and I reckon you'll be a valuable asset to the forums.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi iamlos we suffer the same loss my brother killed himself oct 29 and i blame myself constantly. I hope you have some good support systems in place for you as i know you are suffering greatly. Are you getting any grief support It is terrible loosing someone so suddenly. My heart goes out to you and know there is alot of support here so please don't hesistate to talk or post whatever you feel. I find posting somehow lets some of the pain out. take care

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forum

I'm so sorry for your loss :( :hug:

Thank you for posting.. and for your kind offer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.