A disgusting mess...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by meaningless-vessel, Oct 24, 2013.

1. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I have a pet peeve at the moment...

The block of flats within which I live, has it's own "General waste" bin - designed for putting household waste (such as the good ol' black bin bags of rubbish) - into.

But last night as I returned home from work (at around 11.30pm) - there were 2 bags of rubbish just "sitting" by the back door on the inside. I thought to myself - "I am not prepared to remove this" - and why should other tenants have to clean up the mess of the ones who "can't be bothered". They managed to get it from their flat to the bottom of the stairs (the one I suspect lives directly above me - nappies and baby wipes noticed in the bags - when she's the only one with children young enough to use nappies.... - a toddler and an under 6 month old) - and today it's made its way from inside to outside the back door.. It only takes 2 moments to go to where the bin is!

And the one I suspect - isn't always at home on her own with the two kids - there's often someone else about (be it the father of the kids or her new partner) - so she cannot get around the excuse of "I don't have the time" or "I can't leave my children on their own" - it's not a valid excuse when there are others about so often. But to move the rubbish from inside to outside - and just dump it outside the back door....

:puke: - it's an unpleasant thing to notice - to the point I've reported it now. (It's not the first time there's rubbish that is only likely to come from hers that's been left in inappropriate places) - and the biggest giveaway is nappies. I'm aware of a 5 year old in the flat that's above hers - but on the other side there are no children living. (Unless one has moved in recently that I haven't seen enough of yet). I notice the people living in the flats so often because I have so many cigs when I'm there - that I see the majority of people in and out of the block.

(And to cap it all off - the one I suspect also took forever in reporting the damp issue I mentioned that my mum and me had a little while back).