A dream never to become true

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by rocknrollsuicide, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocknrollsuicide

rocknrollsuicide Well-Known Member

A few mornings ago - saying 'morning' since that's the time when my final sleeping phase takes place with dreams and all - I had the most wonderful dream:

someone whom I never met before in my life was giving me as a present a luggage full of cash worth billions and billions of pounds...

This dream was so real that I felt so disappointed going back to my other reality, my awaken reality of a jobless person.
    It was amazing, so good that I woke up smiling and laughing, followed by "Oh shit, it was a fucking dream, NO!"

For a split second it made think of the film "Shallow Grave", on the other hand I know it is my inner desire to be financially free, no more debts, no more jobs to chase and all that.

What a dream truly never to become true.
    What a joke. Even my dreams take the piss out of me along with life...
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

At least you were happy for a little while i hope you have more happy dreams
  3. rocknrollsuicide

rocknrollsuicide Well-Known Member

Thank you Violet, that's sweet of you - cheers! :)
  4. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

i never had money dreams well not that i remember the next day anyway but ive had dreams where i have been on perfect dates or im in a relationship with someone i really like haha. Good dreams suck but then nightmares suck more. Why cant we just sleep haha
  5. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

It sounds like your problem is you don't want to do anything for yourself? You said it'd feel good not having to worry about debts or getting a job. I can understand where you're coming from but until you realise for real that the only way to be happy is to work for it, in this case quite literally it seems, you never will be. Nothing and nobody are gonna come along with a lump some of money to be rid of your financial problems.
  6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Maybe this post wasn't intended to come across as condescending or judgmental, but it did. The OP never said he didn't want to do anything for himself; he was just conveying a dream he had. Who wouldn't love to be handed a sackful of money to get rid of their debts (I know I would)!!

We have no right to judge people or make assumptions about them. The post was about a dream (and what sounded like a damn good one). There's no need to attack the poster's personal life.
  7. DrivEthermissIon

DrivEthermissIon Banned Member

A trip - tongue-in-cheek or not?

That was me. No kiddin'. Visit you in a few weeks ;) . You're not goin' to need it though...

Believe in VIVID dreams.

I'll bring this guy along if you like:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.